𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ━━ 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞

Começar do início

Dr. Wells glances over at his twins before staring at Barry. "I'm gonna need a moment or two alone with Barry." He requests. 

"But we are playing chess here and we have already started. We are not stopping because of some green-eyed nerdy bastard." Teddy retorts. 

Barry widens his eyes in offense. 

"Come on, guys. Cisco and I will help you carry the chessboard. We can help you settle down the round and then maybe we can play together in teams." Caitlin smiles softly, suggesting kindly. 

Teddy exhales, giving in. Lexie sends Caitlin a blank stare but the Snow woman can understand what the look is telling her. She smiles gratefully. Cisco and Caitlin walk over, helping them carry the chessboard out of the Cortex. 

"Move your legs, jerk." Teddy insults his sister. 

Lexie's eyebrows furrow at the insult. "Whoa, whoa, who are you calling a jerk? Well, let me tell you something, dork, better be a jerk than a sad little bitch." She fires back. 

"Language!" Dr. Wells calls out. 

They both grumble as they keep walking. Cisco and Caitlin simply watch the twins in amusement before they share a look. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie suddenly gets a call, making her stare suspiciously at the screen. She slowly accepts the call, pulling the phone against her ear. "Yes?" 

"Lexie." She hears Eddie Thawne's voice speak relieved before he lets out a breath. "I need your help with something. A guy on the case we're working on was electrocuted but nothing else in the area was electrocuted and there are no wires or anything. So I wanted to ask if you could help me figure this out. We work well together, don't you think?" 

Lexie stays silent for a moment and wonders why on Earth Eddie Thawne would think solving crimes is her area. Committing them is more her style, to be honest. But she wouldn't admit that to the detective. She doesn't fancy the idea of juvie. 

"What's it in for me?" Lexie speaks up. 

Eddie's heartbeat relaxes slightly once she replies and the girl hears it with her superhuman senses. "Maybe spending time with me? Some might consider that a pleasure." He teases softly. 

"Then I'm delighted." Lexie retorts sarcastically. 

Eddie chuckles softly at her remark. 

"But, you know what? Fine, let's do it. I've got nothing better to do. High school is a living nightmare and I feel like I know everything there. At least the academic things. The social things confuse me. Why would anyone challenge their friend to put a slushie in his ears?" Lexie speaks. 

"Uh..." Eddie trails off stunned, not knowing what to say. "High school is pretty weird. And you're smarter than them. You're too good for those immature and childish stupid teenagers." 

"Thank you." Lexie answers shortly. "Where do you wanna meet?" 

Eddie smiles hopefully, satisfied that she agreed to help him. He knows he can ask the detectives, Joe, or even Barry for help, but he doesn't want their help. He wants Lexie's help. He used to think Barry was the smartest person he knew when it came to academics and sciences. But Lexie has proven to be much smarter and she has many different types of intellect. Unlike Barry, she doesn't just have academic intelligence. She also has linguistic intelligence. She has both book-smart intelligence and street-smart intelligence. To sum up, she has managed to impress him with her brain and special mindway.