06. FIRST SHARING

Hyeon's pov

Today ** of **** 2023, Friday.

It was night time and it had been two weeks since I was here. And for the whole 14 days, I have found nothing about anything regarding Yeon. But I have noticed some odd things about the school. And the girl Jia is also acting a bit odd. She must have something to do with this damn school.

I found out that Mr.Wonbin is the grandson of that crazy old man. No wonder he also has that crazy mindset. And the so called girlfriend of him is also crazy to the point she tried to kill me with a pencil.

Let me tell you how this school system works according to what I have found. There are only 4 subjects they are teaching. And there are only four teachers for each subject.

The class are only conducted in early periods before the break. After the break students can do anything what they want. The most disgusting thing I saw was two students making out in the library. It was so disgusting.

And the confessions I receive. Lot of boys, even girls have sent me confessions just because I look like Yeon. It was so annoying. And I can't even imagine how Yeon keep up with these things. 

She surely got a lot of patience.

Another thing I must tell you is, the 50th ranker went missing. But lot of students tell he got the punishments from curse. At first I didn't knew what it was. But after doing some researches about the history of the school, I found out that a shaman had cursed this school for the death of last ranker. And the rank system was also coming from the ancient time.

And I was also a replacement of past last ranker who went missing. I can still remember the innocent eyes of the last ranker. I feel very sorry for him.

"Hyeon, the dinner is ready." Eunji called. I quickly shut my diary and hid it under my closet before leaving the room.

I was the last one to arrive at the dining table as everyone was already sitting in their seats. I took the only place that was free between Eunji and Anton.

"How is the school, Hyeon?" Sungchan asked from me.

"No more good than a hell." I replied. "Actually don't you guys wanna leave this place." I continued.

"More than us it should be for the lower rankers." Eunji replied. I nodded my head. I was so happy that they also have the same mindset as me.

"Enough talking. Let's eat now." Sohee told us.

I thanked the food by keeping my hands together before starting to eat. And I noticed that everyone was staring at me.

"Ahh.. I'm a Buddhist, so it is like a thanking for everyone who supported in making the food." I replied thinking that it was the reason for the sudden silence.

"No, we know it." Anton replied. "It is that Yeon noona was also doing that before eating." He continued.

"Maybe she is also a Buddhist." I told them to drive away the suspicion.

"My mom told it is not good to bring up dead ones in the dinner time. So, let's keep the conversation aside and continue eating." Minyoung told. I am very angry with her for telling Yeon is dead and thankful for her at the same time for changing the topic.

After the dinner I came back to my room that is in the farthest corner that has a nice view of back garden. I sat down on my bed noticing the science teacher Ms. Oh wandering in the garden with a black colour potion as it was night I couldn't see the colour and some kind of files in her hands. I looked at the clock to see what is the time right now and it shows 11: 54.

"It is nearly midnight. What is she doing at this unusual hour." I told to myself before standing to follow her. I somehow managed to sneak out the dorm without waking anyone so I was a bit proud at myself.

I followed her all the way until she stopped at a big door. It looks like an opening for an underground cave. When I looked at the surrounding it looks like I'm very far from the school ground and is somewhat similar to a forest as I was hiding behind a tree.

"What are you doing here?" A voice asked. I slowly turned around thinking I got caught but it was Seunghan. I released a sigh.

"You shook the hell out of me! By the way what are you doing here?" I asked in a whisper tone afraid that someone might here.

"I'm the one who ask that first." He replied.

"Well.. don't you think that there is something fishy about this school." I asked from him hoping to get the answer I want.

"Tell me... are you Yeon? Everytime we mention her name you get very nervous. Why is that?" I can feel the seriousness in his voice.

"What are you talking.. I dont even know who is Yeon." I answered hoping to get away from the situation quickly.

He suddenly grab me by my hand started dragging me somewhere. "Where are you taking me?" I asked only to receive no answer. So, I just followed him wherever he is going.

He finally stopped at an abandoned classroom that was so far away from the school.

"Lot of don't know about this place so you are free to talk whatever you want. So, I hope you will tell the truth." He told me and took a seat in the window. I also took a seat beside him.

"I'm not Yeon. It's true but I know her." I told him. "How?" He asked me back.

"I'm her twin sister. And I came here to search her. The last thing she told was not to come to Light high. She told that there is something wrong in here and they are chasing her. Being the dumb one I thought she was making things."

"I thought she was dead but she sent me a letter telling that she is okay. Don't worry about her and that she is safely in Light high. And she also told not to come searching her. But there was the sign that we always used when we are in danger. So, I came here searching her."

"But when I'm here all I hear about is she is dead. I mean it can't be but I surely know that she is in a danger." I told all the things.

"So, you are telling that she is still alive. But it's more than 1 year since she is missing." He told.

"After we got the news that she is dead. My whole house got burned down. And unfortunately I was the only one who survived." I told him.

"I'm sorry." He told me but I nodded my head reassuring that I'm okay.

"I will help you." He suddenly told me making me confused.

"For what?" I asked. "For searching Yeon,of course" He answered.

"Hmm.. of course you should. now you know why I'm here. By the way I heard that someone had feelings for my sister." I decided to tease him a bit. But the reaction I received was totally unexpected. He shyly looked away smiling.

"Oh god, You look cute when you smile. Smile really suits you." I told him. Really his smile is so nice and refreshing.

"Thank you." He shyly thanked.

Without knowing I made a friend. It felt like a huge weight got released sharing my problems. It felt really good to have a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally!!