Chapter One.

There he was, the guy every girl in the town fawned over, walking through our local bar, or at least trying too.
I watched as he tried to make his way over to our table, chuckling to myself as every woman around him was getting in his way trying to talk to him, trying to get his attention. He was so polite to all of them, even though half the time he just wanted to scream at them to leave him alone.

His dark brown doe eyes looked over at me for help, but I just raised my glass to him watching with a smirk on my face. His eyebrows cast a shadow over his eye with thickness and confusion, he can never get a days peace.

By the time he had reached the table his mousy coloured hair was a total mess, his face was flustered and he looked like he was ready to go home now.

"Well that was quite a show" I laughed and he took his seat shaking his head.
"I'm starting to believe you do this on purpose to torment me, come to the busiest place in town on the most hectic hour" He eyes darkened as he took a sip of his drink that I ordered him when I arrived.
"Don't know what you're talking about" I smirked. Beckett never had it easy, since he moved back into this town everyone was mesmerised by him, he was a creature of beauty but also a creature of darkness.
I knew about Becks secret within a week of him coming back, I'm a history fanatic.
Something didn't sit right with me when a Beckett St. John moved to town, when the St. John family linage ended with four brothers who supposedly died in a fire, Nathaniel being the oldest, twenty-eight when he died, Beckett being twenty-three when he passed and the twin brothers Beaumont and Broderick twenty-one. No other St. John was left, they was the last ones.

"So have you heard from your brothers lately?" I asked as he looked around for a certain person, a girl he had a crush on since coming back, but didn't want to involve her in his life, which was understandable, I kind of forced my way in.
"Er, well..." He trailed off playing with his fingers.
"What's wrong?" I asked leaning forward, knowing he wouldn't want to speak to loudly.
"Beau and Brody are actually in town" He mumbled. I couldn't believe it! And he didn't tell me?!
"How long have they been here? How long are they staying?" I asked in a rush.
"They've already been here a week and by the looks of it, they aren't planning on leaving, looks like living a peaceful life on my own isn't going to happen" He sighed as he rubbed his face, clearly stressed.
"How about we go say hi?" I stood up grabbing my bag before grabbing his wrist not giving him a chance to answer.
"That's what I didn't want to happen, their animals Elle! Or did you forget that?" He all but yelled.
"But you used to be as well, I've read plenty about the damage you caused this town in the eighteen hundreds" I shot him a look making him hold his hands up in surrender.
"You are the only person that's ever been able to figure out what I am on your own, and also not freak out when you did" His right, I wasn't scared, worried or anything, I don't even know why.
I first met Beckett a few months ago, when he signed up for our school, I mean it was believable, he looks so young, you'd never be able to tell his twenty-three, when I heard people saying his name it rung a bell in my head, I knew his name, from when we was learning about the civil war, I over done my research and wanted to know about everyone from our town that was in it, Beck and his three brothers were all fighting together in the war, which was one of the giveaways that he hadn't aged, they had to be at least eighteen to serve, it started in 1861 and ended in 1865, the twins where only eighteen when they joined, it stated that on their family records but they died in 1875 aged twenty-one, so that made me do more digging on all the brothers, all their ages didn't make sense, I thought it must of been an error, until Beckett St. John showed up, none of it added up.
The St. John family was well known in this town, they was one of the founding families, there is five founding families, The Waltons, The Pierce's, The Lurie's, The Crawfords, who are my family and of course The St. John's, but everyone had thought they had died out, Beck lied to everyone who asked, said that there was a bastard brother of the boys who carried on to have children, and eventually someone had named him and his brothers after the ones lost in the fire. No questions were really asked, apart from mine of course.

"Are you sure you want to meet them? Not too late to back out now" He asked, a joking ring to his tone.
"I want to meet you're family, you are my best friend and not being funny if I can put up with you, I can handle your brothers" He laughed at that, but I heard him mumble under his breath.
"Wait till you meet Nathan". Sometimes without realising until I'm deep in thought, I often try and picture his older brother, looking at how attractive Beckett is, I do wonder what Nathaniel would look like, and a name like that was already enough to stand out.

He held open his front door for me as I looked inside, I could already hear laughter and shouting, I took a deep breath before walking in, trying to stay as close to Beckett as possible, a part of me was nervous but a part of me was excited.

————————————————
Don't forget to vote & follow!
Hope you all enjoy this new book 🫶🏼