All of these are possibilities I can't ignore.

Maybe I should've called. Maybe-

"Hey? You okay? You barely touched your food. I know it's not the best but your fridge isn't the best grocery store."

I see the nerves creep up on her face and feel like the biggest ass hole on the planet.

"Oh no baby it's great."

I reach up and gently stroke her cheek as the color returns to her face.

"I'm sorry I just got a bunch of messages from work and my mind was occupied. I didn't mean to upset you."

She nods and kisses my lips before clearing the table.

"Well don't work too much. It is your day off."

I nod and watch as she starts to get dressed in some jeans and her shoes.

I tilt my head.

"You leaving?"

She smiles at me and sits in my lap at the table.

"Well I've kinda been neglecting my place for a week now so I should probably go over there to check on things. Besides, some time apart is good. You don't want to get tired of me too fast."

I smile up at her and kiss her soft lips.

"I'll never get tired of you princess."

She rolls her eyes playfully and drags me to the door with her.

"So, I'll see you at work in the morning? Or do you want to grab coffee on the way?"

I look down at her as she's checking her purse to make sure she has everything and the aching in my heart is telling me I really don't want her to leave.

We're both standing in the doorframe so I lean over her slightly and rest my arm on the frame above her head as I gently raise her chin with my fingers.

"You sure you can't stay? I'll be good, I promise."

I watch her physically melt against the door as I lean down to kiss her and for a moment, I think I've got her right where I want her.

Her hands grip my shirt along my waist and I'm about to pull is back into the apartment when I feel her body pull away from me.

"You call this being good?"

I nod my head and she laughs before kissing my cheek.

"See you tomorrow baby."

She gently pats me on the shoulder and saunters off down the hallway as if she didn't just almost cum on the spot.

"This girl."

I chuckle a little and close the door behind me, the silence slowly setting in but I don't let it linger.

"Alexa, play music by Ella Mai."

I like her music, but I still don't understand why she has to talk British at the end of every song.

I make my way into the kitchen and upon inspection of the fridge, i realize she's right.

Normally I just order take out or make something quick but since Val has been coming around, we've had to go to the store pretty often because in her words, a home cooked meal is good for the soul.

I love her cooking so I don't complain one bit.

Seeing her in my kitchen working her magic is also quite a sight. It makes me think about what the future could hold.