The Big Revelation Pt. 3

A/n: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! At least, it is the day I'm publishing this. Here's to a good 2024, and look after yourself and enjoy the celebration. 

In recognition of the new year, not only have I got a longer part than normal, I also have a bonus paragraph! Enjoy, and have a wonderful New Year's Day!

Anyways, as I heard Tam say he and Linh were the children of Quan and Mai, something clicked in my brain. I smiled at them and then run past them up towards the house. I used my telekinesis to crash a plant pot through the front doors, effectively opening them. I stomped through the house until I got to Mai's artistry room. 

I burst through the doors to a terrified Quan and a shocked Mai, and I didn't waste any time. I immediately pushed away all my emotion and commanded, "Tell me the truth. Did you have another child after Tam and Linh?" Mai nodded and I growled. I then asked, "What did you do with her? No hiding or sweetening it." Mai frowned and answered, "We left her in the Neutral territories."

 I growled and stoped Mesmer-ing her. I screamed, "HOW DARE YOU! YOUR DAUGHTER WAS PICKED UP BY THE NEVERSEEN! YOU ARE EVIL, REPULSIVE, HORRIBLE PEOPLE! I CAN'T STAND TO EXIST IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU!" I stormed out of the room, back out of the house, and I picked up another plant pot and hurled it across their garden. 

Mr. Forkle and Aster were running towards me, Linh and Tam not far behind. Aster immediately wrapped her arms around me and I burst into tears. I couldn't believe anyone could be so cruel. She was hugging me as I cried, for her, for her siblings, for all the elves with parents as heartless as hers. 

After I calmed down a bit, she asked me what was wrong. It took we a while to get the words out, and even then they were only a breathy whisper, but as soon as she heard the words, "They're your parents." She froze.

Her face was filled with all sorts of emotions, and I felt waves of all sorts of emotions coming off of her. Sadness, anger, fury, regret, frustration and disappointment, she was feeling them all.

 I realised that I had to be the strong one in this moment, so I wiped my eyes, smiled sadly at Mr. Forkle and the twins and in a broken voice said, "It was nice meeting you, but we have to go." Then, I pulled out my home crystal, grabbed onto Aster's hand, wrapped all my concentration around the both of us and glittered away. 

As we landed at the Shores of Solace (I can't even be bothered to call it anything right now), I pulled her in the house, he face still not showing any emotion. As I lead her into my room and closed the door, I saw her slowly fall onto my bed, her face buried in my pillow and I went to my emergency snack stash. It was empty.

 I quickly said, "I'll be back." And briskly walked out of the room. I walked over to my brother's room and banged on the door. He opened the door with an irritated expression on his face, but when he saw my tear-stained face with my "I'm literally going to rip out your larynx" expression, he just handed me 5 bags of snacks and quickly closed the door. 

I walked back to my room and opened the door. Aster was still lying face down on my bed. I placed the bags beside her and she just grabbed a chocolate and stuffed it in her mouth. After a few more, she sat up and snuggled into my side, and we just watched movies, snuggled together slowly making our way through the 5 bags of snacks until we fell asleep.

Bonus paragraph in Keefe's POV

I was panicking. My little sister had been crying. SHE NEVER CRIES! I had resorted to a Silveny-style communication, yelling "SOPHIE, FITZ, SOPHIE, FITZ!" repetitively in my mind until I got a response. I immediately told them to get everyone to the Shores of Sadness ASAP, and I think they could hear the desperation and panic in my voice, so they didn't question it.

 Around 10 minutes later, there was the mighty group of me, Fitz (ugh), Sophie (double ugh), Dex, Tam, Linh, Marella, Maruca, Wylie and even Elwin! I was so nervous that I even called Elwin in case my sister was hurt. I had to wait a while to get the story out of her, but turns out her friend Aster, who was picked up by the Neverseen, is the little sister of Tam and Linh. Her parents had abandoned her, and she had been kidnapped and raised by the Neverseen because of it. 

Turns out, my sister cares more about Aster than she does about me, because she has never, and I mean never, cried for me. But, she was crying for her friend. So, the big group left them in peace, and I got more snacks for them. I know, I'm the best big brother ever. *cue charming smirk*