𝐗𝐋𝐈. I 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 you

Start from the beginning

What had happened was a blur to the girl, and her mind wasn't entirely in the right place to recall it too closely, but if she had, she would've remembered trying to stay calm when waking up in a hospital bed. The heart monitor announced her awakening, but she was managing and trying to keep her panic buried despite it being instinctual.

They were the ones who ruined it when they brought out the needle, and suddenly it was a full-out war around her bed as she kicked and shouted for them to get away even in her weak state. One look at a needle and she reverted back to her childhood when they had to strap her down to the bed, due to her many runaway incidents, and forcefully give her sedatives since she refused to sleep and it was becoming a harm to her health.

Nope, she did not like needles and they learned that real quick. It had been Aizawa who chose right then to walk in that took control of the situation and forced them to do an alternative to get the transfusion going.

She had undergone procedural sedation in order to get her to relax, and the alternative to a needle was pills. Easing her worries more, they accommodated the girl per Aizawa's request, to have a bed beside Tamaki's in their room.

It took only thirty or so minutes before the drowsiness hit her like a truck, and the doctor and nurses watching her heart rate closely to predict a meltdown was even more of a blur than the rest.

All she remembered after that was coming back awake with a hell of a headache and a needle in her arm, but now she was avoiding looking at it. Surely if she pretended it wasn't stuck in her arm and she couldn't see it, it would be fine, right?

The drugs slowly fading away were allowing her to ignore it. She still had two hours left to complete the transfusion, the bag only half empty.

Asumi scoffed inwardly, her gaze falling back onto their interlocked hands.

It was also because of Eri she wasn't in a critical condition such as Sir Nighteye. Aizawa took her to see him when she woke up, kind enough to tug her IV pole along with her.

He was in the ICU, and the vivid memory of the numerous cords and wires surrounding his bandages was stamped into her head. The girl was kept from running out of the room with Aizawa's hand on her shoulder, with the monitors serving as a deterrent for her.

She was only there long enough for a short conversation, his eyes weakly cracking up to lay on her as she came to his bedside.

"I'm sorry." She had never heard him talk so... sincerely and weakly before, his lack of authority freaking her out, "I told you not to be afraid of your quirk when I was afraid, myself."

The girl licked her lips, finding her voice, "If it wasn't for you, I don't think I'd be where I am. Hypocrite or not."

He choked out a laugh, wincing slightly, "There's that witty humor."

She had gone from licking her lips to tucking them between her teeth, biting down hard as she suppressed her tears knowing that what he said next would likely be the last she heard from him.

"I'm proud to see the progress you made. Peace suits you, so keep going."

☯︎

The second they were discharged, Asumi was happy to get out of there, the police arrived with friendly faces but dampened her mood by asking them to come in for questioning.

It had taken forever to get through all of them, but she hadn't been expecting them to ask her what they did, as she did not know about the League of Villains strike that had happened that day.