CHAPTER 21 - Sick

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

⚠️TW: Throwing up!!!!!!!!⚠️

Friday, April 5th, 2023

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Noura's POV:

Today I woke up not feeling well, I looked at my phone. 4:33am, what the fuck? "I can't be sick today" I groaned. I tried to fall asleep again, but it didn't worked. My head and stomach hurts really bad. After trying really hard to sleep again it was 6am, I decided to go downstairs and grab something to eat. Even though I am not really hungry, I know that the other kids will be up at 7am. No peace between 7am and 8:30am. I went upstairs with a glass of orange juice and a banana, suddenly everything got blurry in front of me. But it went back to normal really fast. I hopped back in bed, and started to watch a movie. He's just not that into you playing. I love that movie, just a bit weird seeing Scarlett like that sometimes.

The clock hit 10am pretty fast, I was just finished with getting ready. I ran outside to Scarlett's car, and got in. "Morning Nour!" Scarlett said with a happy smile. It was a really suspicious smile. "Morning Scar, what got you so happy?" I asked her. "Nothing" She said while she looked at the road with a smile. Scarlett turned her head to me, and I saw her expression shift. "Hey are you okay? You look very pale." She said. "Oh im fine, don't worry" I said, I really don't want to be sick today so let's just ignore it.

We arrived at the office and we got ready to work, I grabbed Scarlett's computer and started editing some pictures. Scarlett allowed me to use her computer so I didn't need to sit on an uncomfortable chair all day. I opened the computer since I got her password, it was Rose123Rose. When I opened it I saw an email from... Miss Blunt?? I didn't wanted to secretly read it, but I was really curious. It was probably about my job etcetera. After 30 minutes of editing I suddenly felt this wave of headache coming over me, my vision went blurry. Right at that moment Kate walked in. "Hey Noura, are you okay?" "Yes I am fine, just eh just editing really hard" I said, and laughed it off. She believed me, if it was Scarlett walking in she would never believe me.

Around 12:30pm, we went to have some lunch. Kate had picked some breads from the bakery store around the corner. I still wasn't really hungry, my stomach still hurting my ass off. Scarlett and Kate were just talking to each other about I don't know what. I got 2 bites inside my stomach, but I felt a wave of nausea coming over me. I already felt it coming. I ran to the toilet, Kate and Scarlett looking really confused. Scarlett ran after me, I arrived just in time at the toilet and everything came out. "It's okay honey, let everything out, it's okay" I heard Scarlett say behind me. She didn't really know what to do, but im glad that she didn't tried to touch me. If she touched me I wouldn't know what would happen, but it wouldn't be good. "Everything out honey?" "I think so yeah" I said, sitting down on the ground. "Don't lie to me Noura Naomi Carey. Are you sick?" Scarlett asked me using her really stern mom voice. "How do you know my full name?" I asked her. "Julie told me, but don't avoid my question. You already knew that you're sick in the car right?" She asked. "Yeah.. I just
have a really bad headache and my stomach hurts so much" I gave in. Scarlett went sitting in front of me in the doorway. "Why didn't you tell me? You had to call in sick" She said looking concerned. "I didn't wanted to disappoint you. I thought if I ignored it, it would be over soon. Guess not." I said jokingly, but she definitely didn't find it funny. "Im taking you home with me Noura, I will take care of you." Scarlett said standing up. "You really don't have to, I can stay here" I said. "Absolutely not, let's go." Scarlett said, I stood up and walked after her. Scarlett told Kate that we were going to Scarlett's house because I wasn't feeling well, we went in the car and drove away.

We arrived at Scarlett's house, we got inside. Scarlett grabbed some blankets for me, and some comfy clothes I could borrow from her. After I got changed
I got comfortable on the couch. Scarlett walking in with some the for both of us, some aspirin for me and went sitting on the other side of the couch. Suddenly I just started crying. "Hey, Nour is it your head?" Scarlett asked. "No I, I just, no one ever cared for me this much when im sick. No one ever cares about me like you do, except for Julie maybe..." I said while sobbing. "Honey I will always care for you" Scarlett said. I moved closer to Scarlett and laid my head on her shoulder, I wasn't in a comfortable position so I ended up laying my head in her lap. I don't even know why I did that, but I didn't cared at the moment. I felt Scarlett moving her arms really weird, not knowing where to place them. "You can put them around me" I said with a giggle, she did and it felt surprisingly good. I didn't saw her face, but I could practically feel her smile burning in my back. She softly rubbed my back, and I drifted away to dreamland pretty fast.

Scarlett's POV:

Im currently sitting on the couch with Noura because she is sick. She suddenly started crying, telling me that no one ever cared about her like I do right now when she is sick. It made my heart hurt. She got closer to me, and laid her head in my lap. I was in shock. I know that she is really emotional right now, I don't want to scare her away putting my arms around her. "You can put them around me" I heard her say with a giggle. I did, slowly rubbing her back. I didn't even noticed that I was smiling like a freak, but it felt just so good having her in my arms finally. She fell asleep pretty fast, I heard her softly snoring. Poor girl didn't wanted to tell me that she is sick because she was scared to disappoint me, I love her so much.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A/N:
The poor Noura :(

Guys, im seeing Olivia Rodrigo live TOMORROW!!!! AAAAA I CANT WAIT!!!

I hope you liked this chapter, Don't forget to vote and comment:) See you next week! 🩵
Love you all !!!!
X Bellaaa 💗

Words: 1163
Written: January 13th, 2024
Edited: March 31st 2024
Published: May 24th 2024

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.