CHAPTER 20 - The appointment

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

⚠️TW: Talking about PTSD, panic attacks, and abuse⚠️

Thursday, April 4th, 2023

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Scarlett's POV:

"Where are you going mommy?" Rose asked me. I was grabbing my coat, very stressed out about this. "I have an appointment honey, It wont be long! You will have lots of fun with auntie Lizzie!" I told rose while I lowered myself to her height and gave her a hug. Rosie went back to the living room, while Lizzie walked me out of my own house. "You will be fine Scar, hurry your ass up and go!" She said, patted my back and I walked into the car. I played Maroon from Taylor Swift, I have never been so stressed about an appointment, not even a job interview. It's not that im doubting Noura, I am doubting myself. I want what is best for her, and maybe that's not me. She feels like a daughter to me, but maybe I am moving too fast. I worry the most about moving to fast, but I love being with Noura.

Around 2:25 I arrived at the house, I hope Noura already left. She worked from the house today, because I stayed home for Lizzie. I knocked on the door and Miss Blunt opened the door. We shook hands and went to her office. "So Miss Johansson, thank you for being able to come so soon" Miss Blunt said while we sat down. "Of course, and call me Scarlett. Miss Johansson feels to formal." I said. "Call me Monica then".

"So, I first like to ask why you are interested in fostering Noura?" She asked me, I didn't even had to think about my answer. "I know Noura since March 13th, ever since I felt this unbreakable bond between us. I care for her so much, and I even act like a mother around her. I think she feels safe and comfortable around me, she even held my hand when paparazzi was bothering us." "She held your hand?" Monica asked me in disbelief. "Yes! Again when we celebrated Julie's birthday!" I said with a big smile. "Wow, im very happy to hear that she feels safe around you. I guess she told you about her past and PTSD?" "She did.." I sad looking at the ground.

"She must trust you really well, she never told any leader who has been here about her past. I only know it because I read her file." The words sinked in. "Can you tell me what she told you?" "She told me that she got abused by her parents, they died when she was four and she got in the system. She gets panic attacks when someone touches her, and I just want to protect her from everything" I said. "I once picked her up when she had a panic attack, all the sparks in her eyes were gone. Im so glad that she called me, I don't know what would happen if she didn't" I said and let out a big sigh. "Im glad she called you too, thank you for being there for her" Miss Blunt told me.

"From what I've heard I think you would be perfect to foster her, but the process isn't as easy as you think. There will be a court hearing, and someone from CPS will visit your house and ask you questions. If you are still really interested, you need to sign this to approve a house visit." I signed it with no doubt. "When will it be?" "I think the soonest next week, you will get an email from CPS." She told me, "okay, when do I tell Noura?" "I think you should tell her after the house visit is approved, she has to go to court with you so before that of course."

"How do you think she will react?" I asked. "She talks so highly about you, I think it will be a dream come true. Every time she comes home from work, she has the biggest smile on her face. She has been in this house since she was four years old, and she will turn sixteen September 5th. I think she would absolutely love to leave this place." I smiled at her answer. "I think you noticed that she always calls this place 'the house'' , I once asked her why, she told me that she would never find her true home." Miss Blunt told me, my eyes getting watery, hers too I think. "I hope that I can give her a home for good" I said. I asked her some more questions. Monica asked me about my job, apparently she didn't knew that im an actress. 15 minutes later I left. I hopped in my car, it was 3:30 right now.

I arrived home with a smile on my face, it went really great. I opened the front door and Rose ran up to me and hugged my leg. "Hi Rosie, did you have fun with Lizzie?" "YES WE MADE COOKIES, WE HAVE SOME FOR YOU!" She yelled. "Inside voice please, honey. I cant wait to taste them!" I said. I hung up my coat and walked into the kitchen, Lizzie was just about to take the cookies out of the oven. "It smells amazing here!" I said. "Well thank you! They just need to cool off , then we can taste them!" Lizzie said. Rose was jumping happily next to her. "Tell me later how It went" Lizzie whispered to me so Rose wouldn't hear it, I nodded. After 20 minutes the cookies were ready to eat. "These are so good girls!" I said. "Twank ywou" Rose said with her mouth full. "Rose" I said while laughing at my daughter eating her cookie like it was her last meal. I really hope I can say 'daughters' soon.

 I really hope I can say 'daughters' soon

(A/N: The cookies)

After an hour, Rose was watching Moana on the TV. Lizzie and I went in the kitchen so we could talk without Rose hearing us. "Tell me everything, how did it go?" "I think it went great. Miss Blunt told everything that is going to happen. Sadly the process is longer than I thought, but I already signed that they can do a house visit." I said with the biggest smile on my face. "I also told her that I was scared that I was moving too fast, like in those books. But she told me that it is a good sign, that I already care so much for her. I think my worries are gone" I said with a laugh. "They should be gone, because you are gonna rock this Scar!" Lizzie told me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back, we pulled away and I looked sad at her. "What?" She raised an eyebrow. "Im just going to miss you" I said. Lizzie is going back to LA tomorrow. "You should come visit me and Robbie soon!" She said. I definitely will, after the fostering process. Lizzie went back to Rose, and I called my mom to update her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A/N:
She talked with Miss Blunt!!!!!

What do you think Noura's reaction is going to be? 😏

I will see Olivia Rodrigo live next week!!!! 💜

I hope you liked this chapter, Don't forget to vote and comment:) See you next week! 🩵
Love you all !!!!
X Bellaaa 💗

Words: 1226
Written: December 19th 2023
Edited: March 31st 2024
Published: May 17th 2024

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.