Chapter - 32

[A/N : I know. I'm late. I know. :') I had been tryna juggle exams, my part time and chores at home. I'm sloppy at everything, and I apologise. This chapter has been under way, for around 9 days now (believe it or not.)
*Random fun fact, I was today years old when I found out that a girl with golden hair is called blonde and a guy with golden hair is called blond.
Anyways, enough ranting. Please do read and I hope you enjoy <3 Thank you for your continued support, I love you guys so much!

Take care, be safe
Mighty_03]

♠︎️

June

Hinata's fingers fidgeted impatiently against the ligneous desk. She had just handed in the papers of her last examination, the final one. The roll call was still going. She looked over uneasily at the two cunning girls who had originally suggested that she help them after the exams. Should I just run out of the class? The invigilator, by coincidence, was the professor who had approved of their ridiculous request. She couldn't possibly do that. Her breath grew tense. If it was the old Hinata, she would have somehow succumbed to the situation.
But not this time. She felt this firm urge to break out of it this time. She didn't know what it was. Perhaps it was the wish of getting to spend time with him outdoors. It was their first trip. It sounded like so much fun. She didn't want to lose that chance by getting caught up in their stupid, childish schemes. She gulped dry air, and stood up with a sense of vague commitment. Last try. She walked up to the girls' desk. Rehearsing one sentence over and over again in her mind, she finally looked one of them in the eye.

"Hello. I want to t-tell you something." She put forth her boldest voice.

"Yeees?" A voice filled with unnecessary mockery answered.

"I... I'm sorry, but I won't be helping you today. I don't w-want to, nor will I be able to."

"But whyyy?" The other joined in. One could see that they weren't even serious about their theses. Their actions were purely vindictive.

"You know it! Y-You know I have something else planned today. That's why-"

"Mr. Umezawa!" Her opponent's shrill voice pierced through the silent hall. She raised her hand dramatically. "Hinata doesn't want to help us out! Please make her understand how serious of a job you have entrusted to her!"

The professor walked over as if it was an issue of utmost importance. "What am I hearing, Ms. Hyuga?"

"Well.... like I had told you yesterday, I-I will be unable to review their theses. I... I have other plans."

"Can't you just like.... cancel them?" A side comment from one of those girls instantly infuriated her, to the point that she almost lashed out. But she held it in. Let's be civil about this.

"Yes, Ms. Hyuga. And we had agreed that you would stay back and help."

"But I can't-"

"You absolutely can. I don't see that as something humanly impossible."

Hinata pursed her lips and stared at him for a couple of seconds. "... Is that you last word, Mr.Umezawa?"

"Absolutely." 

"Thank you." She bluntly put an end to the pointless conversation and stormed off to her desk. She hurriedly borrowed a piece of paper from her deskmate, and started furiously jotting down something. She was in such a hurry that she didn't even bother to sit down. In a matter of three minutes or so, with the letter in hand, she readily walked out of the hall. The professor hardly expected that kind of a response from the docile student that Hinata once was. What did she write? Her belongings were still on the table, so it didn't seem like she was going to leave.