Chapter - 1

"Girls! Look who's here!" The caustic remark was followed by a roar of cheeky laughter.

Oh... Here we go again. Dear God, please give me the power to stay strong after this... it's going to be difficult to get lunch today, but hey, this isn't very unusual... It's okay, Hinata, you are used to skipping lunch. I hope this will be over soon so that I can get some time in the lunch break to meet my lecturer and take that hand-me-down reference material... Oops, but look at the number today... One, two, three... Oh, God... Six people today? It is gonna take longer than usual then.

"It's the freak with the white eyes!" A young woman next to the leader screamed.

It was all about her.

Hyuga Hinata.
Twenty-one years old.
Second-year of College, Department of Cardioneurology.
Height, 160 cm.
Dark amethyst hair. Marble toned face. Lush pink lips. Dominantly feminine figure.
She would have been be a hit among the boys if only she would have taken off her glasses and brushed back the messy bangs on her forehead, permed her hair, and worn short skirts and crop tops like all other popular girls in her college did. She didn't, though. Not that she didn't want to, but she simply couldn't afford to live that luxurious life. Her first year in college was dull. On her first day, she simply wore a black, oversized turtleneck shirt with ordinary, untrendy jeans that weren't torn, scratched, or otherwise 'textured'. And no accessories at all. She was less well off than the typical college student, finding it difficult to even pay for food.

Hyuga Hinata.
The girl who lost her closest brethren in a fire accident, two years ago. Her family owned a dynastic company.
Her father used to be the CEO, but because of a single accident, all the traces of him and his family disappeared as if they never existed.
Hinata lost her whole family.
Her Mother, Father, Younger sister, Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin, she lost them all.
It was gory. Terrifying. Traumatic.
She had been afraid of fire ever since.
But the real tragedy came afterwards.
Succession.
Even though Hinata's father was qualified to be at the top, he wasn't the only one.
Although a joint family, the Hyuga-household was a dog-eat-dog world in itself.
Perhaps the fire accident was their execution as well, but Hinata would never know for sure.
Hatred ran deep in this clouded battlefield.
Whether intended or unintended, the vulnerable position of the only living daughter of the former CEO was beneficial to all the greedy corporate wolves.
Hinata was finally excommunicated from the family after a series of manipulations and plots that took place over the course of two months damaged her reputation with the House Elder.
"You should be grateful that I didn't take away the Hyuga name from you! Disappear this very instant and don't dare to show me your face. You are a disgrace to our family! Leave!" the House Elder's words didn't sound bitter at all, to her.
Finally, finally, she could be set free, from this dirty whirlpool of malice in the garb of a home.

Hyuga Hinata.
Lives in a small, rented apartment.
Part-times in a cake shop to cover her expenses.
Can't afford 'cute' clothes.
But, she held the first rank when she passed her first year, an undisputed 99.8 percentage.
She wanted to be proud of herself,but she simply couldn't. All the emotional turmoils and the hardships took a heavy toll on her. She was broken, emotionally and mentally; and fatigued physically. Her self esteem was in shambles. She never valued herself even once, after she lost all her loved ones. She just thought of herself as an insignificant existence.
Now, she found herself in a daunting situation. Six bullies were verbally abusing her, and the situation could get violent and dirty any moment now. She was anticipating it, because she knew it. She knew all the pain. After all, this wasn't the first time it was happening. It was roughly about the twenty third time.