Chaper 31

Curb
1995
Marshall's POV

My eyes flutter open, looking around still seeing Deshaun's back against the wall, asleep as he snores every now and then. The somberness still lingers in the air making me feel uncomfortable.

...Shit I must have fell asleep too, we sat here on the floor for a really fuckin' long time and It had gotten real quiet, so I guess I fell asleep and so did Deshaun.

A wave of sadden quickly rushes over me, remembering all that happened before I fell asleep... I can't say this shit enough... this is absolutely so unfortunate... Mama P gon' be so damn missed. She was the sweetest woman ever and absolutely gorgeous. Both in and out... fuck.. ion wanna have to tell Adina this either... she loves that women to death....

...Oh shit... speakin' of Adina.. what time is it???

I get up as quickly as I can looking at the clock on the wall, reading 9:58PM

Fuck! How long did I fuckin' sleep?!!

I was supposed to pick Adina up a lil over 30 minutes ago already! I gotta go and get her, it's dark as fuck outside and I'm sure she would have called someone to pick her up already. Like her parents or somethin' be she always has me pick her up so we can spend more time together.

I run to the door before I stop in my tracks, looking behind me at Deshaun...

Shit, I can't just leave Deshaun sleep on the floor like that...

I walk back, squatting down. "Yo." I shake him lightly.

Surprisingly he wakes up easily... he's usually a heavy ass sleeper.

His body jumps a little bit as if I startled him. "Shit, my bad, Doody...lemme get you to ya room, dawg." I try pulling him up so he can get from the ground.

Deshaun starts groaning, I'm guessing from the hangover.

"Cmon, yo. I gotta go pick up Adina. Ion want you just layin' against the wall." I lightly chuckle.

All Deshaun does sigh, not wanting to get up. But he does it anyway, with my help as I hold him under his arm and my hand on his back for stability.

He rubs his head groaning again, scuffing his feet against the floor as I walk him into his room

Immediately, he plops down, laying in the bed. Which that has no blanket.

I know where we keep all of the blankets since I've lived here before. "I'll be right back, Doody." I turn around heading out of the room and going down the short hallway before opening the extra closet.

Grabbing a big dark blue blanket from ontop of the shelf, I take it to Deshaun's room.

"Aight-" I stop speaking as I realize he already fell asleep.

I was planning on givin him some water and an aspirin... but he already fell asleep.

I'll just put it on his nightstand.

Quickly unfolding the blanket- I'm kinda in a rush cause Adina is probably still at this damn job. I lay it out on Deshaun before going to the kitchen and grabbing a glass cup, filling it with tap water.

Going to the bathroom I open the medicine cabinet, searching for an Aspirin pill bottle.

Quickly spotting it, I grab it, taking both the pills and the water to Deshaun's room before setting it on his night stand.

Imma come back and check up on Deshaun before I go back home, just to make sure he's alright. Or I'll just call him.

Now I gotta hurry the fuck up and get to Adina.