Chapter 4

Apologize
1992
Adina's POV

"Hey, I don't want you around that white boy, Adina. You hear me?" My dad spoke sternly after he asked where I was the night before.

"Ion wanna be around him no way." I shrugged as I took a bite of my waffle.

"Okay then why were you with him last night?!" My dad's voice shouted as he looked at me from the couch.

"I ain't mean to be with him. I was really with Deshaun and then Marshall just came. I wasn't gonna let him ruin the time I was spending with Deshaun. I ain't seen him in years." I kept my voice calm, knowing how to work around my father when he's upset.

I know I just now lied to my father..but there ain't no way I'm tellin' him I gave Marshall a ride. Off of what my dads saying.. he obviously don't like Marshall. So, Marshall sittin' his white ass in the car that my father bought me.. yeah nahhh..

"Aight, well, just stay away from him from now on." My dad ended his complaints, turning the TV up.

Ion even trip over what Marshall said to be honest. I mean it was fucked up... but who cares about the mothafucka.. he's just some trashy white boy that I barely know. I was just taken aback on how he had the damn audacity to say some shit like that over some stupid Nintendo game. Like... ain't that BEYOND silly ass activity??

He's definitely got anger issues.

I was even a lil skeptical on accepting his first apology but I was like ... fuck it .. the niggas prolly not gon be that involved in my everyday life but since he's cool with Deshaun lemme go ahead and apologize myself so we can be cool. You feel me?

But after that shit he said.. that wasn't cool at all. Like at all.

If only he knew what the fuck I go through with my father.. Jesus Christ.

But yeah... whatever.

Grabbin' my backpack I said goodbye to my dad before heading out of the door to walk to the city bus that goes to my school with my Walkman and my new cassette tape in hand.

I would just drive to school with my own damn car but when I came home a lil too late last night my dad said I couldn't drive for the rest of the fucking week.

That's the thing... my dad will buy me shit and then when I do ONE LITTLE thing wrong he'll take it away from me and use the excuse saying that he's the one who bought it. That's why as soon as I find a job somewhere around here im takin that shit so I can buy my own damn thangs. But, hell... he'd probably take that away from me too... ain't no knowin.

My dad's a fuckin Asshole and He's always givin' me ridiculous punishments for stupid ass reasons.

My mother has always tried to stop him from giving me those punishments but recently he's gotten more aggressive.. and honestly we just don't pay it any attention anymore so we can save ourselves from more conflict.

Putting 'The Predator' cassette tape by ice cube in my Walkman, I closed it, pressing play. Ironically the intro 'The First Day Of School' started playing as I walked to the city bus stop with my smaller sized backpack on my right shoulder.

The bus stop is a bit far from my trailer park home since I'm one of the last mobile homes in the trailer park. That's why I had to get up early as shit...the trailer park is huge.

The sun is just now rising as it hits 7am. I heard a faint voice hollering but I didnt bother to take my headphones off. I don't know anyone from around here.. why would anyone try to get my attention?