Chapter 18

Toxic
1994
Adina's POV

My eyes flutter open as the sunlight strikes me right in the eyes through the blinds.

I suck in through my teeth from the pain, rubbing my eyes with my fingers before re-opening them.

Looking around the room,...it don't look familiar in here at all....

Where the hell am I?

I can't remember a damn thing from last night....

Yo...

please tell me I didn't go to someone's house and....

I rip the covers off of me.

Oh okay... I still have clothes on.

Thank god. I'd smack the shit outta myself for being so idiotic... but seriously where the hell am I?

An awful taste fills my mouth.

Alcohol.

Gross. Why did I drink that shit? I rarely even drink.

The hangover catches up to me real quick and my head starts pounding.... My vision is still blurry and I feel like I gotta fuckin' throw up.

I need some damn water.

I slowly and carefully get up from the bed, my legs feeling weak as I walk to the door and open it before lazily walking down the hallway.

My eyes meet Marshall's and I freeze.

What the hell?

My heart starts racing and I feel like I wanna run somewhere and hide but I'm stuck in my tracks making the pounding in my head and nausea in my stomach practically disappear like the sick feeling replaced itself with embarrassment and confusion.

And I know I look absolutely ridiculous right now! Oh my god! Ion want Marshall seein' me like this!

Fuck...

I can see his lips moving but I don't hear anything coming out of his mouth. I'm just too fuckin' shocked right now.

Why am I at Marshall's house??....after not seeing him for 2 whole years?.. this is random as shit... and I know damn well I don't wanna be around him.

Wit his disrespectful ass.

"Yo, you aight?-"

"Why the fuck am I here?" I finally knock myself out of whatever trance I was in, responding with a rude quality.

"Dina, you was too drunk to tel-"

"Ion even wanna hear it, yo. Can you please fuckin' take me home, Marshall."

"Adina, I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to d-"

"Anythang but bring me here! What the fuck did I do to tell you I wanted to be here with you?!... I didn't need a damn place to stay! My girls could have fuckin' taken me home!"

"Adina, you was in trouble, dawg! You told me to take you home!" He raises his voice at me but he doesn't sound mad.

"Yeah! Home! Not ya fuckin apartmen-"

"Ya intoxicated ass was too fuckin' drunk to even tell me ya damn address! Fuck is you yellin at me for?! You trippin, yo!" His tone sounds angry this time.

"....Whatever! Just take me home, Marshall. Oh my god."

"Will fuckin' do, yo. Get ya clothes off the dresser and come on." His tone remains irritated and aggressive with me.