The missing key.☆

"𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎!"

"Heh.. You're funny, Neo. How could I ever forget someone like you" The two sat together on the rooftop looking up at the clouds. One resting their head on the others shoulder as the wind blew gently. It was a beautiful morning, the sounds of cars driving by from below, sounds of the students talking. Everyone in there own little world. Birds flying by while some sing to attract.

"𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗.."

"Hm?.." They lifted their head from the girls shoulder and turned to look at them.

"𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛? 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖!!"

"I'd like that." The two held hands, walking off into the school building while their voices echoed in the staircase. A beautiful friendship.

"𝐁𝐮𝐭... 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

My what if.

"Why did you do it... this wasn't  supposed to happen. You were supposed to be saved!"
She wiped her tears as she....

Present day.

S..

I won't let another one fall.

Empty sekai...

Kaiya sat on one of the broken down stages parts of the sekai. They held the end of the red string, as she looked at her empty and colorless dull world.
They felt someone watching, They turned to see someone peeking from below.

It was a small boy, he jumped and quickly ran after being found before he slipped into the cold flooring of the sekai.
Kaiya jumped down and walked over to the boy keeping the red string in one hand while the other was reaching for his.

"Up."
Kaiya noticed how frightened the boy was, he hesitated and looked away from them. She rolled her eyes and decided to speak with a more warm gentle tone.

"I'm not going to hurt you. If I was, wouldn't I have done so by now?"
Kaiya nudged her hand closer, he took it and with their help and stood back up.
He pulled away and started to fidget with his sleeves while his eyes were glued to the floor.

"U-um.. Who are y-y.. You.. You!"
He was getting quiet and stuttered while he shuffled a little trying to appear more confident.

"Don't worry about it, I won't be here for long" Kaiya smiled at the younger boy and patted his head, she felt a wave of sadness. Their fingers stroking the ends of his blond hair, he was tense but soon felt oddly.. Calm?

"Cute." They mumbled and walked away. He felt something on his head, it was a black origami flower, folded perfectly. No wrinkle found.
Len looked up seeing the mask wearing teen looking at some of the broken down stage parts. They grew nervous and within in a blink of an eye, they vanished.

"But... I've never-.. Seen you" Len sighed as he held the paper flower in his palms. He thought the stranger was going to be mean but instead, they were the opposite of what they appeared to be.
Guess he shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Len looked up to see only red string, he decided to follow it running into Kanade and the others.
"Len! Have you seen anyone here?"
Ena looked around but the red string seemed endless, Len  nodded and spoke quietly but his speech was clear enough.

"I have!.. They went over there" he pointed to where he last saw Kaiya.
"Did you make that, Len? It's really good!" Mizuki complimented the origami flower.
"N-no.. Someone made it for me." Len showed everyone the flower.

Sudden the red string slowly fell into the cold floor of the sekai before it was pulled tightly.

"UGH!! SHUT UP, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MAFUYU." A loud yell was heard from where the red string was leading.

Len ran behind Mafuyu on instinct after the sudden yell of someone's rage.
"Was that um..Kaiya?" Len asked Mafuyu who only shrugged "maybe..."

The group went to where the scream came from.
Revealing Kaiya and MEKIO and KAITO of the empty sekai.

"Then? Why now" MEKIO spoke.

Both KAITO and Kaiya turned to look at MEKIO.
"SHUT THE FUCK UP MEIKO! GO BACK TO DOING WHAT YOU ALWAYS DO"
Kaiya snapped but she stood there observing the teenage and the blue haired virtual singer placed a hand in their shoulder before she brushed him off.

KAITO crossed his arms, speaking in a calmer tone but bluntly.
"When will you wake up and realize you're being a hypocrite about this."

"When will you stop pretending to play grown up. You're still a child Kaiya"

"Have you finally decided to stop hiding, Kaiy-"
MEIKO added receiving a glare from the teenager

Kaiya let out a breathy sigh, going back to have a more composed and professional profile.
"Ha.. You're funny MEIKO."

They glared at MEIKO while KAITO walked over to the broken teenager.
"I don't need to hear it again, KAITO. I do hold respect for you on your attempt to slap me awake with your words. But I'm doing just fine on my own."

KAITO looked over their shoulder seeing the group of girls and Len.

"Kande, took you long enough." KAITO walked off while Kaiya unhooked their mask and tied it around their waist as her hand went their her hair fixing her bangs.

"Let's move somewhere else." They dropped the string and walked over to the group.

Somewhere in the empty sekai

"How do you know about this place! You've never been here?" Ena questioned the teenager across from her
Kaiya shrugged while they gathered their red string. "I've always had. I just don't need you guys. It would be a waste of time"

"So.. About that collaboration-.."
Kanade spoke softly as usual. Kaiya nodded and put the wrapped up red string in their pockets.

"Yes. I'll do it, however my one condition is you don't try to 'save' me. Try to pull that hero shit on me and I'll delete whatever songs you and your group have been making"

"Hey! You can't do th-"

Ena shouted making Kaiya role their eyes "yes I can. I was able to find everyone's personal accounts and force you guys into a group chat knowing your real names, Shinonome."