✮Opening... ❅

Music.. Music is all she could think about.
The stage, is her canvas. She's the artist, but...

"God... I want to sing! And dance with Emu one day when we grow up! Up! Up!"

The young girl smiled as she prayed before heading off to bed time dream the biggest.

"He better have kept his promise! One day.. We'll throw the biggest of shows and we'll all be best friends forever!"
The sound of laughter echoed throughout the room... If onl..y

"IT WAS A MISTAKE LETTING YOU DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE!"
"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry it was stupid. I won't do that"

"Why can't you be more like her? She's always perfect"
"I'm sorry, I'll do better"

"you're too happy! Shut up"
"I'm sorry big brother..."

"Stop with that 'anxiety' you're fine."
"Ok, I'm sorry."

A tear of ones broken spirit. The biggest of dreamers fall the hardest. Break the fastest. Love and respect turned into fear and obedience.

A tv is heard playing in the living room.
It's a musical theatre play, a recording of another successful show at Phoenix Wonderland!

"EMU! LOOK! SHE'S SO PRETTY!!" Jelly squealed "I wanna be like her! She's so cool.. The way that they sing and go HA! AHA!" she started to mimic the performers movements as Emu clapped while laughing.
"WAHAHA! Watch this!" Emu then started to jump around while singing along to the singer shown next on TV. The two girls continued to watch the performers dance, everyone in the crowed was smiling.

"hey, Jelly! when we're older.. Do you wanna try working at Phoenix wonderland! There's this stage called the 'wonder stage' it's so.. Sparkle-arkle and it makes me feel so awoo..WOAH!"

Jelly understood everything the pink haired girl has said while most couldn't.

"Can we?" She questioned this since her parents would say no to the idea. Jelly looked down at the ground feeling upset about the idea. "of course!! We both can make people smile just like Grandpa!" Jelly thought about it for a moment... "This could make mommy and daddy smile!"

'Would mommy and daddy like this?'

'What if they get angry or make me stop being friends with Emu! I don't wanna lose Emu.. I like Emu! She's my best friend!'

"If I can.. Then yes! I WANNA JOIN!" Emu squealed in excitement "WANNA START A SHOW FOR MY GRANDPA!" "YES! YES! YES!"

The two little girls ran off to Emu's room doing who knows what for a surprise show.

"let's make our costumes! Hm... I wanna be like... A candy!" Jelly giggle as she looked around for inspiration "I wanna be like the moon! It's so pretty!" Emu's eyes sparkled as they began to draw their costumes on a piece of paper with crayons.

"I'm gonna have... White gloves!" Jelly then started to use a grey crayon to show her glove before Emu frowned "aw... But I wanted to do it..." Jelly noticed Emu's sad expression before getting an idea "LET'S HAVE MATCHING WHITE GLOVES!" Emu lit up at the idea "YES! THAT'S SO... WONDERHOY!"

If only life was that easy... A stupid childhood promise from a naive girl.

Emu's grandpa knocked on the door asking if he could come in. The girls opened the door to show him their costumes "We want to work there too! Me and Jelly can be partner's" Emu gave Jelly a tight side hug. Jelly smiles at their drawings as she looked at Emu.

'I wanna perform with Emu! It looks so fun.. We can make so many people happy!' Jelly thought then asked Emu "what if we had more friends join! It'd be super...SUPER FUN! this boy promised that we can all do a show one day to make EVERYONE SMILE! Even your grumpy brothers will!" The two girls were excited for the future as they dreamed bigger and bigger.

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳
Yet, I was only left behind. So much for a brand new world... Together.

Years later...
Present time

???'s room...

"Jelly! Go get ready for bed. It's almost 9:50" she stopped her sketching and closed the notebook. "I did ahead of time! Goodnight, I love you!" She called out in her usual bright tone.
She let her two dogs in her room first
As she closed her door slightly as they turned off the lights. She was looking at the full moon and how it lit up their bedroom peeking slightly through the blinds.

She sat on her desk, resting her arms and head in it while looking at her photo album that wasn't updated since junior high.

"It's been how many years?.. I'm not feeling any different. I don't think I'll ever find my true feelings.."

The black haired girl went to pick up their phone.
She looked at the photo taped onto the cover of her sketchbook. She sighed softly at the memory before unlocking her device to click on an untitled file.

She was then transported into a world of emptiness... Endless and colorless.

Her carpet bedroom floor vanished into snow. This was their SEKAI, a place where they run off to get away from the burnt out of the outside world.

Snow SEKAI

"Is..that you-.." A blond hair boy with blue eyes peeked from behind the snowman he had finished building. He smiled running up to the girl to hug them.

"Is everything okay? You seem more.. Sad" they looked at the ground. They didn't know what they felt, it couldn't be put into words. "I don't know, Len. I just want to stay here to work on somethings."

This is a lost broken down girl who has had a SEKAI for years yet, hasn't discover their true feelings. It was just her and her best friend... E̶m̶u ̶O̶t̶o̶r̶i Kagamine Len and Hastune Miku.

"Is it another song or sketch?" Len sat next to her. "Both. Do you want to sing it for me?" They showed him a sheet of paper with new song lyrics "Mhm!" Len nodded as he went over the lyrics.

"Len, I want to give up. I'm tired... Nothing's changed." The pencil in her hand danced in her fingertips as they spun it around and around.

Len was getting worried day by day "The time will come. Be patient." the Miku of this sekai came to join the two,
Her two pigtails dragged behind her into the snow.

"Maybe that person doesn't even exist. It's been almost five?.. Six?... Years." They grew frustrated as she clenched her hands tightly. She looked down at her wobbly legs "but only two years ago you've gave in to this sekai."
In response They rolled her eyes turning away from Miku.

"I'm tired.. I'm tired of waiting, hoping for someone who will never come"
She fell to their knees hugging then close, she broke down.
She sobbed quietly already tired of living, of searching to only find constant dead ends.

Len and Miku came close to hug her as she trembled in their arms.

"NOBODY WILL COME!.. they probably don't want to come.. They maybe don't know me" Miku tucked a hair strand behind their ears. "He has. Many times, he's seen you and you've seen him"

She was getting frustrated with the virtual singer "WHO IS HE! YOU WON'T TELL ME... do you even want to help me!?" They pushed Miku away. Len cleared his throat as she played with the snow underneath them "because, he hasn't discovered his yet. If we tell you now.. You will push him away. We know you will"

Miku and Len sang softly to help the girl. As she was starting to panic, their anxiety winning the battle once again.

"Please... Hurry. Find each other already!"
Len cried out worried for his dear friend.