『Open࿏ing..⌨︎︎

I want too...

I want to. I want end this pain.
Mom. Dad.
Someone, end this.

   A bedroom, almost like a dollhouse.
The windy breeze blowing on the transparent curtains. Little kid drawings on the wall covered by music sheets and some artwork.

"Kaiya darling! Make sure you cleaned the mask" MEKIO called from somewhere in the sekai.
"I'm coming." 
They attached their mask to their chains. She looked at herself in the mirror seeing MEKIO behind them.

"Let me fix your hair for you! Can't have it too scruffy" Kaiya loved the way it felt when MEKIO's red nails would gently scratch their head as she did her hair.

"Aw your little tuff! Would you like me to ask Miku to come with you or you're fine?"

"I think I'll ask her myself. I'll bring back something for the both of you after today's show"
Kaiya jumped out from the staircase, the hovering steps catching them.

"Miku! Want to sing with me or you'll pass"

The pigtailed girl was messing with ribbons. Trying on a different color "sure. Can you help me? I have too much hair-.."

Kaiya hummed and walked over behind the virtual singer. She carefully braided the section and parted the rest for her buns. They then had the red ribbon wrapped around her hair nicely to secure it all.

"Be back in the sekai before it gets too dark Kaiya!" MEKIO called out to them.

Real world...

Music was heard playing everywhere. A nice colorful street that's bright, Kaiya walked alone with her black and grey kitsune mask.
It was the cheapest one they could afford, at least the crack added a nice touch to it.

"The freak is back! Coming to sing your depressing music once again?"
Some street artist and his group laughed.
Kaiya ignored them and set up her microphone, they took a deep breath in and waited for the music to start playing.

Miku came as a hologram to start them off. People came by to watch the street artist and virtual singer, this is how Kaiya made a living.

"Wow! Aki look! Look!"

Kaiya heard a cheery voice from behind in the audience. Their long bangs swayed when she turned to face that direction.

"It reminds me of Ado! I didn't think I cou- HEY!" the girl was soon dragged by the taller ginger boy. "Come on Hoko, we have to get back to practice."
The girl whined but some after followed.

The performance came to an end. Kaiya collected the cash as for  Miku, she simply nodded and left.
'I'm glad that one is found.'
She thought as she walked out of Vivid street and went to a nearby market.

The local market...

Kaiya removed her mask and walked into the store. They took out a list of things MEKIO asked for, it was a short list thankfully.

"Noodle cups?... Miku." They sighed knowing the virtual singers favorite flavor, beef.

She walked to the aisle and looked around to see the cup noodles being high up.

"Sorry um.. Could you maybe get me three of those?" Kaiya looked to her right side seeing a girl about her age?
She had blue eyes and long straight white hair.
She was very beautiful.

"Which flavor."

"Any would do, thank you" the girl thanked them as Kaiya grabbed one of each for the girl.

"Kanade. Did you find what you need?"

"I did. We should start getting back home before it gets dark" the two girls left.

Kaiya wondered if those two were family or something. She shrugged and grabbed their three need flavor cup noodles and left to shop for the rest of the items.

"It must be nice to have someone..." Kaiya muttered. They saw the different families or friend groups, some were quiet and more reserved as others were loud and open.

Kaiya had the two virtual singers. She bought the last five battery packs and left to go pay.. More like steal. All they did was hide somewhere and go into the sekai.

"DID YOU STEAL THESES? K-kaiya.. You're a criminal now!!!" Miku panicked as Kaiya was in the empty part of the sekai to practice a new routine.

"I'm not a criminal unless I'm caught?"  Kaiya winked with a cheeky grin.
"Be careful! What if MEKIO found out?"

"So?.." They shrugged while eating a apple. "I just wanted to leave the store.. It's lonely... Thanksgiving and everything."
Miku frowned and went to hug them
"You have us! We can celebrate thanksgiving just the three of us, one day! We'll have more and more people here! Our own sekai family"

"Miku is right. In the meantime, want to help me cook?" MEKIO ruffled Kaiya's hair making them groan "h-hey!.. But sure. I call dibs on the cookies"

"I DO THE COOKIES??" Miku yelled out while Kaiya laughed "NOT ANYMORE!"
"KAIYA!!!"

"The both of you can do it" MEKIO stopped the two from arguing.  As she washed some rice while the two were taking things out for the dough.

Everything is perfect.
I don't need help, I don't need to know my true feelings... All I need is Miku and MEKIO.

Kaiya couldn't forget the girl at the store however. There was something about her..
'Hoko is found.. Maybe that girl.. Kanade? Is there to help the others."

They thought as she placed the chocolate chips into the dough.
'Guess I'll have to come by and give her the right push. C needs her...'

Kaiya sang softly with Miku while they put the cookies in the oven to cook. MEKIO soon joined in as she went to set the table up for them to eat.

I'm free.
I don't need a hero. I'm exactly where I want to be.

Kaiya looked at her plate. It still felt lonely... What was wrong with them?.