Chapter 14: Diwali

Start from the beginning

I looked outside to see him getting out of his car he looked so handsome in a kurta top I thought as he walked to me.

He then kisses me on the cheek not before whispering in my ear, "You look beautiful as always but today you are beyond beautiful" he says and I blush but I have to stay focused.

"Rhe!" someone shouts and I look to the side to see Layla wearing a saree standing next to a man. I then jump and hug her as fast as I can.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't think you would come," I say smiling.

"Rhe I had to plus I'm staying here for a few weeks to model for one of the shows in New York i got to do work," she says grinning at me.

"Well, I'm so glad I will see you for a couple of weeks," I say as I really missed having Layla with me.

"Yep oh I forgot I brought Nick you know um Guava," she says smiling at me.

Guava is a code name Layla and I came up with it after she told me she likes Nick a friend of Ares. I must say this Nick is looking gorgeous i knew him from high school, he was one of Ares's close friends, we now and then spoke in high school but that was it.

"Long time Darling hey," Nick says and gives me a slight hug.

I silently shout, "He is gorgeous," I say silently so only Layla can hear, and my lips are just moving.

Layla then whispers back, "I know right."

I did not even see Ares standing there until he said in a grumpy voice, "What is this fool doing here Layla?"

"So you did not miss your best friend because you have now Rhea back in your life, dude you hurt me," he says faking hurt as his hand is on his heart. Ares just gives him a look until Nick eventually says well he is here.

"Dude I just needed a vacation from that place and New York seemed like the best option you know as my bro is here and all the hot chicks," he says.

I don't miss the way Layla sends Nick a glare at the mention of hot chicks.

"You can have your vacation just keep it away from me," Ares says looking annoyed.

I then take them inside. I saved a table for my friends and I saw Jasper and Blair seated already in the garden they seemed to be chatting and I started smiling.

Ares walks on my side and says, "I see your friend Jasper is already here."

"Yep, he came with me as I needed to sort a few things out," I say and I see Ares clenching his jaw.

"Oh I see Ares you made it, dude I'm sure this is your first Diwali party I would recommend the food it's tasty man," Jasper says which makes Blair laugh.

"Jasper boo you've gotten a lot more handsome since the last time I saw you," Layla says I look towards Nick and I see him sending Jasper and Layla a glare.

Ares then asks, "So you met Jasper already sis?"

Jasper then starts coughing and looking at me, "Rhea you did not tell me Layla and Ares are related i knew they were adopted but I did not know Ares would have such a cool sister" he says which makes Ares roll his eyes and I laugh.

"To answer your question bro I met him a few years back as I had to see this fine ass hunk Rhea was keeping away from me and Jasper thanks for giving the compliment I already know I'm the cool sibling," she says smirking as she looks at Ares then winks at Jasper.

Ares just sends Layla a look indicating I talk to you later, "So where is your family? I would like to meet them," Ares says looking down at me.

I smile it's nice to know that Ares wants to meet my family.  I then lead him to my family as he so badly wants to meet them