11 - Summer party

Baxter never took conference calls in Tate's office. In fact, he had to ask Danielle exactly where it was. It was a good thing he trusted her one-hundred percent, because she could read his mind. She never asked him about Ivy, but she knew they were both in Aspen together. It wasn't a stretch to figure out it was Ivy who put the notes in the margins on the contract.

Perhaps his impulsive decision was because the deal they finally ironed out was the end result of that initial contract. Tate was fighting for points Ivy made, and he wanted to watch her as it came to fruition. The pridefulness in him wanted to show off to her.

As she sat across the room, she looked exactly how he had imagined, in a proper suit with her hair pinned up. The narrow, short skirt showed plenty of legs. Baxter didn't have to wonder what was underneath. Every inch of her was tattooed on his brain. His only musing involved her choice of underthings.

Somehow Tate missed her blush when he commented on her banana. Another woman would accuse him of inappropriate behavior. Instead, Ivy fired back a retort which sent a hum through his cock, which also remembered the feel of being inside her.

He never should have agreed to hire Ivy. He even suffered Danielle's sideways glance when she reported Tate had requested free parking and the top of the intern pay scale, the same as Tate had received. His assistant's look had nothing to do with Tate's request, but everything to do with his response. "Give my sister what she wants."

Sweat formed under his arms, as he feared Ivy would witness the deal stall. He had been courting the owners of the skyscraper in Phoenix. They didn't want to sell to Kane on principle because they already owned buildings in the area. Fortunately for Kane, the other potential suitor didn't have the same capital. Walking away was a tactic in negotiations 101, but he actually had a meeting across town.

The offices were empty when he ventured back to the fourteenth floor. Was his mind playing tricks on him or was her scent lingering on his skin. He turned around to leave when a body walked into him. The reaction in his body told him the identity without looking down. He put his arms around her and pulled her close. Her body molded to him as his erection grew with want.

In an instant, their mouths met. It was nothing like the tender goodbye in Tate's apartment. The meeting of their mouths was ripe with longing. Baxter didn't care who he was and where they were. He needed to be inside her. He lifted her on the desk in reception and pushed up her skirt revealing a peek of pink cotton. Why did he find them so damn sexy?

It didn't take long for him to remove the barriers between them and for him to slide into her slick passage ready just for him. Just as he demanded her to say his name, he heard it. "Baxter." The voice came from behind him and it was Danielle's.

Baxter woke abruptly with a sweat-damped shirt and a full boner in his boxers. "Fuck." It felt so real. Awake Baxter would never have sex at work. Never had he thought about it until he saw Ivy eat the banana. There were plenty of long legs and short skirts walking around starting with Danielle, but he never thought of her sexually. He had to stay away from the fourteenth floor and to find himself a date.

Tate and Baxter had another function to attend. The Kanes had always been philanthropic, but Tate had a point about their younger siblings skipping most invitations. Kasper was on a secret South Pacific Island filming his return to the popular reality TV show. There was a rumor that Doyle was hanging with a rock band. Which was perfect since her favorite things were sex, drugs and rock 'n roll.

Pleased that the knot on his tie looked perfect, he turned from the mirror. After a knock on his door, he pulled his shoulders back. "Yes."

"Sir, the car is ready."