Long Time, No See

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Frisk," the knight says tauntingly. "Show me some MERCY."

Frisk's entire body stiffens.

"That's enough out of you!!" Toriel yells, doubling the pressure of her attack.

Even while standing behind her, Frisk can still feel its heat. Papyrus doesn't, exemplifying this further when he walks past the child and raises his hand at the stranger.

"I ONLY WISH TO WEAKEN YOU BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!" Papyrus says. "PLEASE, HOLD STILL! NYEH!"

A single bone flies onward, bonking against the knight's helmet and falling to the ground. Toriel gives Papyrus a side glance.

"UM... THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT COMES FROM!"

If there is, no one gets to see it. Somehow, a source of purple light matches and even surpasses the brightness of Toriel's flame, forcing everyone to briefly look away. Once it disappears, they all turn back in its direction. Whatever it was, it's gone, and so too is the knight.

Seeing this, Toriel ceases her fire, glancing around the yard quizzically. In spite of what her instincts are telling her, there appears to be no sign of the sword-wielding murderer anywhere. Both Frisk and Papyrus are just as bewildered as the boss monster, realizing the stranger has somehow vanished.

"IT SEEMS THAT MY ATTACK SCARED THEM OFF," Papyrus concludes. "I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO VIOLENT! MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE LISTENED IF I TRIED DIPLOMACY!"

"You did," Frisk sighs, their patience with Papyrus's nativity wearing thin.

"OBVIOUSLY NOT HARD ENOUGH!"

"Come, let's get back inside," Toriel suggests, turning around and grabbing Frisk's hand. "They may come back."

Possibly summoned by the monster's poorly timed words, another source of blinding purple materializes close by, forcing everyone to protect their eyes a second time. Heartbeat accelerating, the teenager risks permanent damage to their vision to only snag a peek of the light's source.

Frisk cracks open their eyes just in time to see the knight standing behind their unsuspecting mother, sword raised in the air.

"NOOOO!"

Their legs move on their own. One moment, they can feel pain shoot through their shoulder blade as it clashes against the stranger's hard steel. The next, their feet are off the ground. Scratch that, there is no ground.

Confusion escalates to panic. Before, the patch of fluorescent purple seemed to be illuminated from behind the scarlet attacker. Now, it's everywhere. Left, right, up, down. And worse, it has sound. Tremendous whirling similar to that of an EF5 tornado. It's felt in Frisk's throbbing ear drums and quivering chest.

A faint: "Friiiiiisk!" from Toriel is the last thing they hear before the noise takes over completely.

All air leaves their throat. The sensation is familiar. It reminds them of when they used to ride in Papyrus's convertible. Something is pulling their body away at high speed. Whether it be gravity or momentum remains to be seen, though the kid hopes it's not the former.

Tightening pain draws the human's eyes to their right ankle. Seeing what's attached to it motivates their violently thumping heart to work even faster. The iron grip of the red knight.

Frisk tries to move, yet remains shackled to their would-be murderer, who strengthens their hold after noticing the child's desperate struggles. Out of ideas, they reel their free leg back. The knight is too late to process the teen's next move. A swift kick against their visor is all it takes.