The Midnight Duel

Harry's P.O.V

In the morning when I come down on my seat I have all the things I asked for yesterday I pick it up and slip my wand into the wrist holster whilst I flip through the paper. While waiting for the other to wake up and come down, I sketch out the throne and surrounding chairs, adding small random details. Soon the others are coming in and when they see my sketch they compliment it before sitting down and waiting for the dark lord. Soon everyone was sitting in their chairs chatting whilst I was still sketching at some point Lunas came down and sat beside me but she was in a discussion with Bellatrix about something or another. The door opened and everyone else went quiet obviously the dark lord had entered and I finished my sketch before looking up. And yep there was the dark lord in his more human form rather than if a snake and human had a child, form.

Voldemort/Tom's P.O.V

I walk into the dining room where everyone is sitting now watching me except Potter who seems to be sketching something on the paper I had left for him heading for the throne-like seat I settle down at the end of the table with everyone's eyes now trained on me bringing out the book I set it up to read itself whilst we eat.  As the book starts to read, everyone starts to eat, but I do notice how little Potter eats.

Harry had never believed he would meet a boy he hated more than Dudley, but that was before he met Draco Malfoy. 

The Malfoy's have enough decency to look rather embarrassed at this after all they had just heard about Potter's cousin. 

"I have no hard feeling at all it was a stupid petty rivalry" Potter pipes up before his head goes back to whatever he was previously sketching.

 Still, first year Gryffindors only had Potions with the Slytherins, so they didn't have to put up with Malfoy much. Or at least, they didn't until they spotted a notice pinned up in the Gryffindor common room which made them all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday – and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together. 

~That sounds like it will go badly.~ I hiss.

Without looking up Potter responds ~Badly is an understatment~

'Typical,' said Harry darkly. 'Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy.' 

Narcissa turns to Harry looking slightly confused at this "According to Draco you're great on a broom" 

Harry hides his head a bit "It was my first time on a broom and uh well you'll hear how it went"

He had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else. 

Harry has a small grin at that, like flying is still something he enjoys doing. I shall keep that in mind.

'You don't know you'll make a fool of yourself,' said Ron reasonably. 'Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk.'Malfoy certainly did talk about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first-years never getting in the house Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories which always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters. He wasn't the only one, though: the way Seamus Finnigan told it, he'd spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. Even Ron would tell anyone who'd listen about the time he'd almost hit a hang-glider on Charlie's old broom. Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly. Ron had already had a big argument with Dean Thomas, who shared their dormitory, about football. Ron couldn't see what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly. Harry had caught Ron prodding Dean's poster of West Ham football team, trying to make the players move.