Ch.10:: The only one

Lou's Pov
I was enjoying some tea in the comfort of my mansion and I heard a knock on the door. Who could it be, at this hour?

I opened the door and it revealed my beloved Moxy. She looked so... lifeless. I was going to fix that soon. I guess she had found her dying friend, I hope he told her what I told him to tell her.

I put on a look of fake sincerity. "Hey there, Moxy. Is everything okay? Come in, tell me all about it."

She dragged herself inside. She was so depressing, nothing like the sweet, energetic, optimistic Moxy I fell in love with. But no matter, I expected this to happen anyways.

I motioned for her to sit down and she did. She hadn't said a word either. I know that I should've been happy but seeing her so hopeless made my mood all sour.

I frowned at her. "You're not going to say anything? At all?"

She looked at me for a few moments before breaking up into tears. That was my chance to comfort her but I wasn't going to do it, yet.

I sipped my tea in peace, watching her cry before me. Her cries finally died down and she just sat there on my couch, curled up.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Hmm, are you finished soaking my couch?"

She snapped. "What is wrong with you?! I thought you'd have a little empathy!"

"Oh, so you came here for my empathy? Pathetic. Listen here, doll. I don't do empathy got it? So talk, I don't have all day."

She looked at me in disbelief. I had to act this way towards her so she wouldn't suspect a thing.

"I... I'll be leaving." She stood up but I demanded her to sit back down. Now was the time to initiate my second phase.

I sighed. "Listen, I know that I've been going hard on you and your friends ever since you got here but I'm not that type of doll, okay? I have feelings too. I guess I'm just not used to seeing different things so I treat everything that's different like it's below me. But it's not like that at all."

I put my tea on the coffee table and I went to sit next to her. Just being close to her made by body shiver in excitement. And now to close it all off.

"Moxy, you made me see that being different is not such a bad thing. It's actually good to be different and we should learn to embrace our differences. I'll try to be nicer to you and your friends and I'll even throw in some extra classes for you guys so you'll catch up with the rest of the class."

I put her hands in mine and looked into her eyes. "You made me realise how much I care about you."

I pulled her into a hug and she started crying again. I tried my best to comfort her. She was so precious. I loved how she smelt like vanilla and printed paper. She felt so warm and soft in my arms. I was in bliss, I sighed softly and nuzzled closer to her.

I was going to cherish this moment forever. I was going to be the only one there for Moxy. I threw in a few words to Mandy and told her to stay away from Moxy or she was going to suffer the same fate as Moxy's friends.

Moxy slowly pulled away from the hug and wiped away her tears. "I'm so sorry..."

"Sorry for what?" I asked her.

She sniffled. "Your suit is soaked."

I smiled softly at her. "It's okay, it's washable. Now tell me, what's wrong?"

"It's just that well... my friends are missing. I don't know where they are and... and when I went to the Supply Suite I found Uglydog dying."

I gasped. "What? Oh, I am so sorry, Moxy. I'll inform the other dolls that there's a murderer among us. Are you okay?"

"I don't feel safe anymore. Mandy's been avoiding me and I'm afraid that I'm next."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you. You can stay with me until we catch the murderer, okay?"

"Thank you, Lou. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here."

"It's the least I can do to make it up to you for the ill-treatment I've been giving you."

She hugged me again. Things were going nicely, now all that was left was to make her fall in love with me.

I had to be the only one there for her.