Ch.2:: Chaos

Lou's Pov
Entertain all day and work all night. That was the cycle. I guess I had a gift of being able to stay energized even though I slept 4-6 hours a day and sleeping through the dolls' training.

I yawned and signed some doll's documents. Nolan was his name. He was... different than the rest. But different only meant that he was uglier than them all.

That green streak in his hair, those heterochromatic eyes... pure ugliness. I laid my head down on my desk. Just a few minutes of rest and I'll be ready for the day ahead.

I never thought of assigning the exposition robots the paperwork but, I couldn't. Who was going to check on the training dolls? I surely wasn't.

"Lou!" Kitty shouted, kicking my office door open.

I rose my head up quickly. "Don't any of you know how to knock?! What is it Kitty?"

"Those uglydolls are causing chaos. They're spilling glue everywhere!"

I didn't seem to care much. "What have the exposition robots done about it?"

"They can't do anything because they're glued to the floor!"

"What time is it?"

"It's 06:45."

"How long has this been going on?"

"For the past hour. Lou, the others are encouraging them. In fact, everydoll is playing with glue!"

"Mmm..."

"Lou, do something!"

"What can I do Kitty? The Institute is spiralling out of control and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Oh my doll, Lou!"

"Fine! I'm coming okay?!"

Kitty then left. What a perfect way to ruin someone's morning. Now I have a headache. Those darn uglydolls, nothing but trouble.

Moxy's Pov
We were having so much fun! This! This was spectacular! Even the prettydolls decided to join, that was nice of them.

I gasped as soon as I saw Lou approaching. He looked mad and somehow exhausted? I don't know. His facial expression was unreadable.

The prettydolls tried to stand up straight like everytime they saw Lou. But their shoes were glued to the floor.

"What is the meaning of all of this?!" Lou demanded, he tried not to step on the glue.

Hmph! So he was mad. Who could've thought. But he looked intimidating. Technically, we all were glued to the floor.

"Lou, we are so sorry! We tried to stop them but they lured us!" A random doll said.

"Yeah! Blame the victims!" Uglydog budded in.

"You shut up!" The doll replied.

"Okay, everyone. You know the rules." Lou said and everydoll gasped... probably from fear.

"What is he talking about?" I asked Mandy.

Mandy and I were practically best friends. She was sweet and wasn't like the others. Besides, she had glasses which made her even more special. But it was such a bummer that she didn't wear them when Lou or any other dolls were around.

She gulped and I could hear her voice was fearful. "The washer, Moxy."

The washer? What was the washer? Then Lou's three girls came with carpet and they rolled it open.

"Okay everyone. Take off your shoes and step on the carpet. You know where to go and walk in a single file line." Lou instructed.

Even Mandy took off her shoes. She looked scared. I was just confused about what the washer was.

My friends and I didn't wear any shoes so we were just glued to the floor. I watched curiously as everydoll lined up and the mystery curtain opened.

Wait, were they going to the Big World?! Oh my doll! We were glued to the floor and they were going to the Big World!!

I froze up when I saw the first five dolls enter. They... they weren't going to the Big World. The washer was... terrifying! They spun in the machine along with the soap and water. They were basically suffocating.

I felt bad for Mandy. She didn't deserve whatever the washer was doing. I wish I could help her. All of a sudden, we were splashed with water. I shivered and my eyes met with Lou's.

He looked at me for a moment and walked back into his house. Oh doll... that guy was scary! I swear he burnt a hole in my soul.

Soon, our feet weren't so sticky anymore. We were still soaked but atleast we weren't glued to the floor.

"Proceed to the que." One of the exposition robots instructed us.

I couldn't help but feel frightened... very frightened. We all stood in line and waited for the dolls before us to go in the washer.