Ch. 3:: Strange

//Dealing with a little bit of writer's block.//

Lou's Pov
I have been keeping a close eye on the uglies, but I've been mostly eyeing the pinkish red one. She was... intriguing.

It's not like I liked her or anything but, something about her interested me. Her unusually optimistic personality was... just divine. What am I even thinking?! She is ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly!

Lydia interrupted my train of thought. "Lou, is everything okay? You seem... distant."

I tried to laugh it off. "Me? Distant?"

Kitty scoffed. "You've been staring at that thing for almost an hour now."

"Actually, he's been staring at it for an hour and twenty-six minutes." Tuesday said. Her obsession was obnoxious.

I raised an eyebrow. "Who or what are you referring to as 'it'?"

"That reddish pink thing." Lydia replied.

I don't know what was this feeling but it felt like a burning sensation and it made me snap. "SHE'S NOT A THING! STOP REFERRING TO HER AS A THING!"

The Spy Girls were shocked for a moment and stared at me, silently. I calmed down and regained my composure. Why was I acting like this?

"Lou? Is everything-"

"Don't talk to me, Tuesday." I walked off to clear my head. I couldn't believe I did that. I was supposed to... ugh! That doll and her friends have got to go.

Mandy's Pov
What in the world? What just happened? I had a million questions running in my mind and none of them had answers.

Moxy and the gang, who saw everything just had a surprised look on their faces as we all watched Lou walk away.

Uglydog broke the awkward silence. "Geez, you don't see that everyday."

"Did he step on pudding?" Babo asked, still staring at Lou as he turned the corner and disappeared from sight.

Wage crossed her arms. "...More like on a rotten egg."

I shook my head. "This is the first time I've seen such a reaction from Lou."

Moxy fiddled with the thing on her head. "I wonder why he just... popped."

Babo licked his lips. "Hey, that reminds me. I'm hungry for popcorn!"

He picked us up, excluding Moxy who swiftly avoided him. "Sorry Babo, but I've got a case to crack."

I immediately knew what she meant. "Moxy, no. You don't know what Lou could do to you."

"Yeah, I agree with Mandy on this one. That dude has been staring at you for a long time now... longer than he should." Uglydog said.

Moxy sighed. "I know... I might've caught a few glances from him."

Wage gasped dramatically. "A few?! Girl, he could be staring at you sleeping!"

"He could but I'm not afraid of him and I'm going to find out what's going on with him." Moxy replied, puffing her chest out to show courage.

But I knew...

She wasn't going to survive this...

Moxy's Pov
I could see the worry in Mandy's eyes. I knew how much she feared Lou and I... I have to admit, I was a little scared.

Despite my fear, I still made my way to Lou's mansion. I could feel my fur stand on end. But who was I to worry? It's not like he was going to harm me anyway.

Soon, I was standing before his door... I felt a knot in my stomach. The door seemed to grow larger before me.

Before I even got the chance to knock, the door swung open and there he was... his cold blue eyes stared down at me.

"Come in." His voice was calm.

I just stood there, frozen. He... invited me in?

Why would he invite- wait a second...

He didn't scowl or anything. He looked at me for a while with a neutral expression on his face. He didn't look disgusted as he usually was when he was around me... or any of my other friends.

He rose an eyebrow. "Well, aren't you coming in?"

He... he wasn't joking...

I hesitantly walked inside. Where did this overwhelming fear come from? I was literally shaking. Obviously he was leading me to his office, it's not like we were friends or anything.

"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked, shocking the Big World outta me.

Did he hit his head or anything? I sat down and just looked at him. He let out a dry laugh and offered me some water and I reluctantly accepted.

Why was he acting like this?

This could only mean one thing. He was going to poison me.

That was definitely the only thing that made sense. Lou's strange behaviour told me everything. He definitely was planning something.