Ch.7:: Luckybat's missing

Moxy's POV
We couldn't find Luckybat ANYWHERE! He didn't even tell us where he was going yesterday. None of us knew where he went. I was really worried because what if something happened to him?!

Wage held my hand in hers. "Moxy, we should probably go back to Uglyville... Luckybat must've gone home."

I quickly released my hand in her grip. "No. We are not going back. This is our dream and you just want to back out of it?"

Wage scoffed. "Technically, from the start it was your dream."

"I just went along with it." Babo looked at the ground sheepishly.

Uglydog agreed. "Yeah, me too."

I looked at them in disbelief. "What are you all saying? You can't just tell me that you only came here just because you were doing it for m-"

"Look at what happened, Moxy. Luckybat is missing! We don't know whether he's gone back or not!" Wage snapped.

"And to be honest... I'm kinda scared... Luckybat wouldn't have gone back home without telling us... something must've happened to him." Babo added.

I sighed. "Don't jump into conclusions, Babo. Luckybat is fine... wherever he is. Let's go look for him. I'll give you guys a headstart. There's someone I need to talk to first."

They all nodded and left in search of Luckybat. I have my fingers crossed, I hope they find him. I wouldn't want Babo's theory to be true.

I went to Mandy's house and I knocked but no one was there. I walked around the Institute for a while until I found her standing with Lou's girls or whatever they called themselves.

I walked up to them and found that the pink haired one was talking... as usual. "And then I was like 'Lou, if you want to be treated like a boss, you should start acting like a boss.' so yeah, I know my stuff."

"Um, excuse me but I need to borrow Mandy." I said as I dragged Mandy away.

Mandy looked confused. "Moxy, what's wrong?"

"Mandy, I need you to tell me where and when you last saw Luckybat yesterday."

"Did something happen?"

"He's missing!"

"Let's go ask the girls, they know all the gossip here in the Institute, maybe they'll help us."

I paused for a moment... those beautiful brats were the only option we had anyway. "Sure, let's go."

We walked back to them and they were giving us nasty looks. Geez! I only borrowed Mandy for a minute!

"Hey girls, I need to ask someth-."

The blue haired one quickly interrupted. "We don't know anything about a red bat thing!" The other two facepalmed.

The purple haired one groaned. "Tuesday, you are such an imbecile!"

Now that raised my suspicions. "Tell us what you know. I just want to know where he went or if something happened to him."

Mandy's Pov
I had a feeling Lou was behind this but... I couldn't risk getting my life torn to shreds. Honestly, I kinda heard that Lou was going to do something from the others but... am, am I being a bad friend?

Kitty rolled her eyes. "Listen, we don't know anything okay? We only heard that the ugly bat thing was going home."

Moxy protested. "He's not an ugly bat thing! He's my friend, Luckybat!"

Lydia scoffed. "Well, we don't have any info on your friend, Uglybat."

I pulled Moxy aside. "Um, maybe you should go and ask Lou. He is the eyes and ears of the Institute... whatever that means. I suggest you go ask him."

Moxy sighed. "I guess you're right Mandy... I'll go ask him. Almost died the first time, but I'll try again."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that a joke?"

Moxy flashed a smile. "You very well know that it is, Mandy."

Even in the darkest moments her spirits are up. Now I really feel bad...

I watched her leave and Kitty put her hand on my shoulder. "Mandy, we're glad that you didn't spill the beans or Lou would've spilt your stuffing."

I turned to look at them. "But what you're doing is wrong, they're my friends!"

Kitty let out a long irritating gasp. "Friends huh? Shame. What kind of friend lies to her friends, mmm? I doubt it."

Lydia smirked. "The way I see it, none of us are aware of what Lou is planning." She continued. "And even if somedoll did find out Lou's plans, they weren't going to stop him because he's unstoppable."

Kitty chuckled. "Not even you could stop him, Mandy."

I looked down, realising they were right. I would never have the guts to stop Lou or even talk him out of what he was planning. I'm still wondering why he even told me his plans. He knew I was friends with them... did he want me to suffer knowing what was going to happen to them?

Kitty shrugged. "Well, Mandy you don't have a choice. You're stuck with us. You will never be like those uglydolls."

Lydia smiled sincerely, possibly it was fake. "Just accept your fate, you're a prettydoll and there's no changing that."

They were right. It was out of my control... if I had control...

Lou's Pov
3... 2... 1...

Ahh... that faithful knock on the door. I went to open it and there stood the doll I expected.

I grinned. "Moxy, what brings you here?"

She looked up at me. "May I come in?"

"Sure, the door's wide open." I stepped aside and she got in. "Please, sit down."

"Lou, I didn't come here for a friendly chat. I need answers." She said in a serious and stern tone.

"Oh, don't be so demanding. I even made tea. I wouldn't want it to go waste."

"Tea? Luckybat loved tea... Lou, have you seen him anywhere?"

"I'll be blunt with you, Moxy... I wish I knew where he was but I don't."

I saw her mood changing from slightly angry to sad. If only she knew what I did and loved me for it. I just couldn't let that red bat get in the way of our love.

If there was love...