Ch.5:: Caught yarn handed

//I apologize for my inactivity. I was busy with the exams and yay! Now they're over. And I'm aware that the title is terrible well, that's what happens when you got writers block. Let's make up for lost time now, shall we?//

Moxy's Pov
I couldn't believe what I did earlier. I knew that Lou was a huge jerk and he bullied every doll who wasn't "perfect" just because of a tiny freckle or blemish. He was so judgemental and yet... why did I have a soft spot for him?

"Hey, Moxy! You made it out alive!" Uglydog joked as he ran up to me.

I giggled. "Well, it wasn't as horrid as I imagined it would be."

For some reason, Uglydog kept quiet and stared at me with a suspicious look before speaking. "I'm just glad you're okay, hey, Mandy came with pastries. Wanna go try 'em?"

"S-sure, I'd love to!" I beamed.

Uglydog ran ahead of me and I followed him to the supply shed. I liked it even though we had to live with buckets, tools, tires and boxes. For some reason, it felt like our home away from home.

As we reached the supply shed, Babo was chowing down on the pastries. Wage just rolled her eyes.

She scoffed. "These pastries aren't as half as good as my pastries, but atleast they're tolerable."

Mandy just smiled. "I'll take that as a 'you like them but you just won't admit it' and a compliment."

"Well, I like them, Mandy." Lucky Bat spoke in his calm, quiet voice.

Mandy nodded. "Thank you, Lucky."

Wage just crossed her arms. Classic Wage.

"Hey guys! Moxy's back!" Uglydog announced.

Mandy fixed her glasses. "Oh, hey Moxy, what did Lou say? Or do?"

I shrugged. "Lou was just being Lou. Nothing new."

Uglydog shook his head. "I bet something happened but Moxy won't tell us."

"Stop sticking your nose in other dolls' business!" Wage replied.

Uglydog rolled his eye. "I don't have a nose! None of us do!"

"Um.. I-I have a nose and Mandy too." Lucky Bat said with an almost inaudible tone.

Uglydog turned to face him. "Well this isn't about the two of you, you're ruining the moment."

"Aww, c'mon guys. You're fighting? Let's enjoy the pastries Mandy brought." I said.

Wage glared at Babo. "We can't because Babo ate them all."

Babo just laughed nervously. "Sorry."

I sighed. "It's okay, let's just enjoy one another's company."

"Actually, I have to go. Curfew's at 7 p.m. sharp. and that's when we start our bedroom routine." Mandy said as she stood up to leave.

"Well, bye Mandy!" I said and we all waved at her.

Mandy's Pov
The moment I left the supply shed, suite... Supply Suite. I took off my glasses and made my way home. That was until I bumped into someone and fell on the ground. I looked up and through my blurry vision, I saw a blonde blob, obviously Lou.

I laughed nervously. "H-hey, Lou. What a coincidence seeing you here."

"Mandy? Why aren't you inside?" Lou asked in a stern tone.

How was I supposed to explain that? "I... I, uh..."

Lou sighed. "It doesn't matter, now go."

I suddenly realised something. "Wait, why aren't you inside?"

Lou cleared his throat and helped me up. I dusted myself off and he looked... nervous? I couldn't make out his blurry facial expression.

"What I am doing right now is none of your concern, now go back inside!" He said.

I crossed my arms. "No, I want to know why you're out here."

"Ask me again, and I'm revealing your little secret to everydoll." That, caught me off guard.

"W-what secret?" I asked, nervously.

Suddenly he reached into my pocket and pulled out my glasses. He knew?!

I gasped. "L-Lou, I can explain!"

"Explain what? Don't you see that I knew about your little secret since the day you got here?" Lou sneered.

"H-how?"

"How?! Mandy, I am the eyes and ears of this place. You think I wouldn't know of a tiny thing about what's happening here?!"

"B-but-"

"But what? Can't you just be grateful that I accepted you and played off your little problem as if it were nothing? I'd watch myself if I were you."

I looked at the ground, ashamed. "I... I'm sorry."

"That's what I thought. Here." He handed me my glasses.

I looked down at my glasses. "I didn't think that anyone knew about them. It's just that, you didn't treat me like I'm ugly."

"Look, you may be blind-"

"I'm not blind, I'm short-sighted."

"Whatever you said, look, I have some business to attend to and you're just wasting your own time because light's out is at 8 p.m. sharp."

I tucked away my glasses. "I understand... goodnight Lou."

I walked off to my house. I had a lot in my mind. Lou knew and yet, he decided to keep quiet. I mean, he never even called me aside to discuss it. This was weird.

Lou's Pov
I kept a watchful eye on Mandy, I had to make sure she went to her house. As soon as she disappeared from sight, I continued with my way.

...

Of course they switched off the lights. I took out a handkerchief and wiped the dusty windows then I pressed my face up the window.

She wasn't there.

I panicked and bust the door open. The others jumped and went into attack mode.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, it's me."

The orange one spoke. "Lou? What are you doing here so late at night?"

"Where is Moxy?" I asked.

"She's not here." The grey one answered.

I groaned. "Where did she go?"

The orange one rolled her eyes. "None of your business."

"Why do you wanna know anyway?" The blue dog-like one asked.

I crossed my arms. "That is none of your business."

Suddenly, I was ushered outside by the orange one. "You disturbed our sleep, so go away before we rip your perfect face off."

If only they knew...

"Fine, I'll leave." I walked away and I could hear the door shut behind me.

Now, where could I find Moxy?

I stopped in my tracks when I heard... singing?

There's a child for every doll~
And a doll for every child~
They somehow find each other~
When destiny has smiled~

I listened closely and follow the voice. I found the source and it was Moxy, sitting by the pipes. I usually had an urge to push whoever was sitting there but I stayed out of sight.

Her voice was heavenly.

There's a new day around the corner~
And it just might be~
The day~

Moxy somehow looked... cute in the moonlight. I felt my chest warm up and I smiled... genuinely. No other doll has ever made me feel this way...

...

Was this love?