Cursed Tomb

The heroes made it to the dead city that was centuries abandoned before the great fight between Horus and Set. Not a single soul was around there. The gods warned that there could be dangers to keeping mortals from ever getting their hands on the book.

"Okay, Bugaboo. You ready?" Black Sphinx asked Red Scarab.

"Yeah, but don't waste your nine lives," Red Scarab said.

Their camels grunt deeply as they have to wait out here whether or not their riders make it out alive.

"We'll be back soon" Red Scarab pets her camel's snout.

"Those camels wouldn't stop pooping everywhere. Sheesh" Black Sphinx rolled his eyes at these animals.

"I get it" Red Scarab shook her head and headed down into the ruins of the city.

"It looks like Hamunaptra. They say it's just a myth story" Black Sphinx recognizes how the city used to be for the gods until the great fight led the city into ruins for centuries.

"But it does exist after all for centuries" Red Scarab checks the ruins.

"Careful, Bugaboo. This place could be cursed with undead and who knows what else" Black Sphinx said.

"Got it" Red Scarab ignites a makeshift torch.

"Anubis has undead beings that were either mummified alive. The myth story thinks that if those mummified alive were cursed for eternity without having to be dead" Black Sphinx looks up at the statues of Horus and Set.

"Yeah, I've heard the stories that anyone who commits a serious crime like dark magic gets the punishment of being mummified alive," Red Scarab tells him that she has overheard some slaves talking about it.

"Looks like we both did some homework to boost our knowledge," Black Sphinx said and found a door.

"As well as boosting our awareness to not become mummified alive" Red Scarab said.

They opened it and with the torch lit up the room. Hundreds of dead skeletons are everywhere in the tomb, possibly robbers that got in but did not make it out alive in booby traps.

"There could be anywhere a trap could be set off" Black Sphinx cautiously looks around.

"Shit. Well, this is gonna get real" Red Scarab threw a rock to find a trap, "Wait for it" She lifts one finger up.

The floor slides open to reveal a pit filled with spikes.

"Shit!" Black Sphinx saw lots of decayed corpses on the spikes.

"By Osiris!" Red Scarab gasps at the sight.

"Nephthys the goddess of protection surely did not put a lot of protection for this" Black Sphinx looks away.

"Hold on!" Red Scarab grabs him and swings over.

Another booby trap of arrow darts from the walls fired rapidly but Black Sphinx morphed his weapons into shield to block them.

"There are more to come," He said once they stopped shooting.

The mechanism activates moving blades but with their powers, they were able to be fierce and agile to dodge them without getting their bodies sliced off.

"WHOA!" Red Scarab jumps out of the way and flips over another.

The feline was very fast and agile to move, quickly dodging the blades from the moving walls and they both ran to the halls where the doors were sliding down slowly.

"Quickly!" Red Scarab ran as the doors were closing.

They knew they were not gonna make it but the feline turned his weapon into a staff, throwing it to stop the sliding doors.