I turned to Santo and he was texting away on his phone.

I smiled before turning back my attention to the outside.

He couldn't care less where I went.

For the first time ever I could travel without being locked up like a child.

We drove for ten more minutes before the driver pulled in front of a small villa.

"Wow," I whispered under my breath as I stepped out of the car.

It was surrounded by green plants and had a hammock. I could see a pool slightly revealing itself at the back as birds chirped.

The driver took our bags from the trunk and as Santo stretched to get our bags, I took mine and started walking towards the door.

I could feel him shooting imagery bullets behind me but I continued to walk.

I stopped at the door and waited for him to open it with his key.

I paused the music.

"I should have my own key too, don't you think honey?" I asked as I looked in front of me.

He paused to look at me before opening the door.

As soon as he did so, I dragged my bag inside and looked around.

I smiled again.

In here was stunning and had a tropical design.

Mr. Valentino went all out. It was like a mini house. It had everything; a kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, even a dining room.

I walked into the bedroom and the bed had on rose petals which formed a heart.

I looked back to see Santo watching. When our eyes locked, he immediately turned around and sat on the couch.

"You know we can share this bed," I suggested.

"No thanks," he said as he picked up his phone. "The couch is perfectly fine."

I tried not to feel offended knowing that my husband would rather sleep on a couch for a week than share a bed with me.

"Okay," I said trying not to sound affected in my tone. "If that is what you wish."

Someone knocked on the door and Santo immediately shot up. He pulled out his gun and indicated not to move.

"Who is it?" he asked as he walked to the door.

"Room service," a woman's voice said. "We thought you guys might be hungry."

He took his gun off safety and slightly opened the door to reveal a worker standing next to a tray of food.

He put his gun behind his back and opened the door wider. "You can leave it there."

"If there is anything you or your wife would like we are just one call away," she said politely before leaving.

He then put his gun back on safety before putting it in his pocket and pulling the tray inside.

My stomach grumbled loudly as the savory scent of the food filled the air.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran out of the room to the dining room where he had brought the tray.

My mouth watered as I saw various dishes neatly presented.

There was pasta, chicken, lasagna, various salads, steak, and many other foods I did not know the name of.

I grabbed a plate and took a bit of everything before sitting down to eat.

I loaded my fork with a bit of everything before shoving it in my mouth. I let out a moan as all the savory flavors blended in my mouth.

It was like heaven in my mouth.

My eyes closed as I chewed my food.

I hadn't had a proper meal since I got married so I couldn't control myself.

I opened my eyes to see Santo watching me in absolute horror which caused me to look down.

He shook his head before sitting down from across me with his plate.

"You're acting like you don't eat at home," he said as he dug into his meal.

"I'm not exactly the best cook," I said feeling embarrassed.

He gave me a look before continuing to eat his food.

I raised an eyebrow feeling offended. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He cleared his throat. "I'm not surprised you said that. I mean, you're the first person I've ever seen burn eggs."

I began playing with my food as he made me feel bad. "You're acting like it's not normal."

"It isn't," he answered honestly and I glared at him.

"At least I try," I said as I put down my fork. "I haven't seen you make anything. You're in no position to judge!"

"And you're in no position to judge either," he said and I stood up.

"Thanks, you just made me lose my appetite," I said before walking to the bedroom and slamming it shut.