Chapter 1: Signal

Start from the beginning

Inside was a tiny, turquoise sparkling with a much larger cyberpather curled around it, taking up most of the space.

He straightened up in shock despite already knowing what had been waiting for him, taking a few breaths and grabbing his leg. His sharp digits dug into them, the pain a reminder that this was real and not just some kind of sick dream.

Laserbeak however, clicked her beak happily and chittered, hopping down to the ground and waddling over to the pod, emitting a chorus of shrill chirps.

It broke Soundwave out of his trance and he quickly leaned down, his digits carefully going under the sparkling and scooping it up. He brought it into his arms, cradling them. It was a little femme. He brought one servo up and gently rubbed his thumb over her cheek, making her give an adorable sigh and snuggle into him.

But the silent con could still feel his spark racing as he looked down at her, his optics scanning over her small frame. The stasis pod had kept her and the Panther asleep, out of reach from the cruel hands of time that grasped every living thing for millennia. Instead of being almost full-grown and closer to his size, she had remained small enough for him to easily tuck into the crook of his arm, her mind and spark frozen as long as she was in there.

There was a whine, making him look up as the Panther yawned, Laserbeaks chittering finally waking him. He stretched and opened his optics before jumping into the air, turning in frantic circles when he noticed the absence of his little companion.

Soundwave gave an amused smile under his mask and reached forward, putting a servo on the black cat's back. He jumped again and whipped around, his red optics piercing Soundwave and the spines on his back flattening.

Only for his ears to suddenly perk up and he sprung out of the pod, right onto the ground, and starting purring and circling the mech, rubbing his helm against his leg and putting it to rest on his thigh, looking up at him happily. Soundwave reached down and scratched him behind the ear.

'Soundwave: Happy Ravage is safe.' The navy mech said, watching his symbiote purr again, his tail wrapping around his master's arm. His head then perked up and nudged at the sparkling in his arms.

There was an annoyed chirp from her as she turned more into his chassis and tried to cuddle more into him. Despite his feelings earlier, Soundwave couldn't help but smile and gently teased a digit into the little curled-up frame, finding her face and rubbing the small spikes on her helm.

It made her let out a small mewl, like a cat as she turned and leaned into it, exposing her helm to get more of the touch. Soundwave knew it was a sensitive spot for her because it was the same for him.

Looking down at the small femme, you would've thought she and Soundwave were twins if not for the fact they were born years apart. She was almost an identical copy of him if not for the subtle difference in her frame from being the opposite gender and the fact she was turquoise and not navy blue and she didn't wear a visor.

One of his tentacles naturally went up and nudged her but the sparkling latched onto it instead of waking up, snuggling the appendage like a teddy bear and giving another small sigh.

Reality suddenly came crashing back to Soundwave when he saw her like this, so small and innocent. She was something fragile and harmless, a mere sparkling who had no place in a war. True, there had been no sign of the Autobots since they'd landed on this wretched planet but that didn't mean they were gone. 

That was why he sent her off in the first place, so she wouldn't get caught up in this.

And he didn't want that to happen again.

Quickly moving her around in his arms and retracting the tentacle, he prepared to put her back into the pod, hoping that if he sent her back into space, she would be safe again. Ravage and Laserbeak both watched him, clicking and growling nervously.

But Soundwave froze, her small frame inches away from the soft padding inside. The absence of the appendage had stirred the femme and she opened her optics. They immediately found Soundwave and she looked at him.

It had been so long, thousands of years since they last locked like this even though his optics could not be seen. Soundwave himself had changed so much, no longer the rebellious teenager that had put her in the pod, but now a full-grown Decepticon that was about to repeat his past actions.

Still, recognition crossed her little face and a smile lit up her lips as she let out a thrilled chirp. He had no idea if she was aware of the time that had passed or if her spark just knew it had been forever, but she wiggled and tried to get to him like she was starved for his touch.

He looked past the tiny servos reaching out that were miniature versions of his own, into her big, pleading optics. They had always mesmerized him as they were the only trait she'd inherited from their carrier. 

They were so different from his own, not blood red but rather a bright blue that faded into purple the closer they got to her white irises. He'd always described them to himself as unimaginable, her optics looking as though they had small nebulae trapped in them. What enhanced that effect were all the nerves in her optics that shot across them, white in color and sparkling like little stars. 

What the hell was he doing?

He was about to put her, this little blessing in his life, back into a pod and send her away, far from himself, probably to not see her again for another millennium. He was about to deprive himself of the only thing that had brought joy to his miserable past life.

Soundwave's mind flipped around and he stopped his own actions, instead now bringing the sparkling close to his chassis, hugging her the same way he had before he left her. She clicked in approval and snuggled into his warm frame, her long arms not even able to span the distance of his whole chest. But she didn't care, she was back in his arms now.

Both Ravage and Laserbeak gave small cheers as their master stood up, keeping the sparkling, Enigma, in his hold and walking away from the pod. Even if there was a war, and even if there were still Autobots to fight, Soundwave vowed he would never let go of her again.

He would stay with his little sister until the end of time.

HAHA! YOU FOOLS! YOU THOUGHT HE WAS HER SIRE? WELL, HE AINT! 

*cackles

But seriously, yes, I do have a rough plot for this and even though that'll probably change, I do want to get more chapters out for this soon.

Happy reading, your slightly insane author:

SoundStorm :D