Chapter Twenty

After a decision to do something crazy, Jake decided to take me bar hopping, which probably wasn’t the best idea. “No, I wanna make you a nice dinner.” I whine, eyes pleading. My broken bones were even almost completely healed, so I had complete mobility of my hands.

“Why? We can just grab a bite to eat at one of the bars.” He said, jerking his thumb in the direction of all the clubs. I groan in protest.

“No. You have got to be getting sick of all the fast food constantly. It’s my chance to make you a nice homemade meal like I wanted to with the spaghetti thing. I’m going to run to the store, you stay here and take a bubble bath or something.” I say. Before he can stop me, I grab my purse and am out of the hotel room.

It was such a decent hotel room that it had a kitchenette and bathroom and a cute little heart shaped Jacuzzi facing the opposite direction of the red themed bed. It would be perfect, especially since it was right along the shoreline. We could spend all of tomorrow on the beach if we’d wanted to.

Starting the engine, it roars in response. I make sure I have everything I need before peeling out of the parking lot. The store was nearing and I pull into the Marty’s parking lot, grabbing a cart on my way into the familiar known grocery store. Thinking about what exactly to grab, I head to the meats section.

There were many different varieties of meat, and I just chose two beef cutlets made completely of steak. That would be simple enough, right? I throw them carelessly into the cart and move on to veggies.

Potatoes sounded amazing, so I grab a sac and throw them into the cart as well, and some baby carrots. Ooh, onions would taste splendid on top of the broiled steak. Licking my lips, I can already taste the fabulous taste on my tongue, even though I had no idea how the heck to cook any of it. Checking out, the cashier avoided eye contact.

When he looked up, I realize it’s Kyle. “What are you doing here?” I question as he bags my groceries.

“Not much. Just hanging out, trying to make a few bucks.” He shrugs as if it was the simplest explanation he’s ever given.

“Oh, well…” I say, trailing off my sentence awkwardly.

“What’s the occasion?” Kyle wonders out loud, bagging my steaks.

I shrug. “We’re sort of on a little vacation, Jake and I, and instead of going out tonight I figured I’d try to attempt at making him an actual dinner. He needs to know he has a girl who can cook.” I say, smiling weakly.

“How’s the baby?” His words stung and made my heart hurt. It wasn’t intentional, that was true. I’d completely forgotten that he hadn’t been around when the miscarriage occurred.

I avert my gaze down to the floor. “Actually, the baby didn’t make it. My doctor tried to…rape me.” I whispered the last two words as fresh tears threatened to leak over. Good thing Jake had never questioned how the miscarriage came to be or how I’d gotten a fat lip.

Hopefully he never would. “Oh, Allie, I’m so sorry!” Kyle rushed over to me and pulled me into one of those comforting hugs.

“Come on, boy, I’m not paying you to stand around and hug girls!” A friendly type of worker whose nametag read Tom, accused. “Get to it. We got customers.” I turn around to see very angry citizens giving me dirty looks, not to mention they’d probably all heard what I’d just said.

“Sorry about that, my boss is a huge…” He trailed off.

“It’s fine. Come on by for some dinner or something later.” I say, scratching the back of my neck, embarrassed. Why, I couldn’t tell you.

Grabbing my new bag of groceries, I head back out to the car and throw them into the backseat, puzzled. Why hadn’t I got to have a child? God probably thought I didn’t deserve one after all of the sins I’ve committed in my lifetime.

“Your back.” Jake kisses me, hugging me as if he hadn’t seen me in forever. “Good, cause I’m starving.” He commented, spinning me around. I grab the groceries out of the car and set them on the table of the kitchenette.

“Go watch the game or something.” I order, knowing that he will just be stuck on my back if I don’t keep him occupied while I cook. Searching for something to make with my ingredients, I find it in a cook book and begin preparing my meal by chopping up the onion, sautéing it in the pan, adding salt and pepper and butter as ordered in the directions.

As I’m putting the steaks on the broiler in the oven, I can feel a pair of eyes boring into my back, watching every move I make. “Your doing good.” He compliments, surrounding my waist with his strong arms, placing kisses on the top of my head.

“Well, thanks.” I respond, shutting the broiler drawer so the steaks can cook for a good hour at least. “Now we wait.” I lead him carefully into the hotel room so we can watch a movie.

An hour later, we’re situated on the hotel bed, watching Twilight, cliché I know, but it was the only thing on at nine on a Friday night. I hadn’t planned for them to be done so quickly, and I had to flip them, putting them back in for another half an hour so I could get dressed for the occasion. “Hang on, mister.” I say, a devious grin on my face as I make my way into the bathroom.

I shave what little stubble I have off of my legs and wash my hair, blow drying it. Grabbing the curler, I wasn’t sure if I knew how to use it so properly just yet. I turn it on and begin curling it anyway, just to see.

When I had fully finished with my hair, it looked amazing. Then, I grab the deep red dress that met mid thigh on me and zipped myself up into it. Taking one final glance in the mirror, I looked decent enough for a girl who was just having a night in with her boyfriend. If anything, I’d went a bit over the top.

The steaks were finally finished, and so were the potatoes so I shift everything to a white porcelain plate and set them on the table with a clack from the glass hitting the wood. “Jake, dinner’s ready.” Positioning myself sexily on the counter, I get a seductive grin on my face.

Jake chuckles when he walks into the kitchen. “Smells delicious baby.” He kisses up and down my neck.

“You always do that.” I complain, wiping his kisses off.

“What?” He questions, grabbing my hips as he helps me up off of the counter.

“Try to turn me on when I try to go out of my way to do something nice for you. It’s almost like you don’t want me to make you a nice dinner or something.” I say, applying my hands to my hips accusingly.

Jake just chuckles again, seating me into the chair, shutting the lights off. “Well, you look gorgeous.” Jake had changed into a nice dress up shirt and black wranglers as I had lit some candles. Everything was perfect. “And the meal is great too.” He grins from ear to ear, scooping another mouth full of potatoes into his mouth.

I laugh. “Glad you like it.” I really was happy that I hadn’t screwed anything up. We share a kiss and sparks fly like mad, and then we continue to enjoy the meal I was consuming. I hadn’t realized just how hungry I really was.

_______________________________________

I know how short this chapter is, but it'll be longer once I finish my history project lmao. It's due Wednesday. But for now, enjoy the chapter. Hey, Allie can actually cook. ;DD

Im so proud of her! Haha.