Chapter Six

At his house, I am in the bathroom trying to fit into a ridiculously too normal outfit. Jake picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a Paramore t-shirt. I was used to whatever I wanted to wear, but I totally couldn’t be trashy on my first day at school. I didn’t want a repeat of everyone finding out about my dirty ways of getting money. I knew Jake would help me change all of that though.

“Are you almost done?” Jake groaned from the other side of the bathroom door.

“Yes, Mr. Impatient.” I say sarcastically, opening up the door.

I didn’t know whether I looked good or bad judging by the look on Jake’s face. His mouth was almost hanging open and his hands were awkwardly shoved into his blue Levi’s. “Y-your stunning in normal clothes.” His eyes bulged out of his head.

I didn’t understand, I was in a pair of shorts and a white tube top with light blue flip flops. Apparently this was my first day of school outfit. It was pretty alright for my likings. “Thanks?” I say, cocking an eyebrow. Going to shut the door so that I can change into my clothes, Jake stops it with his hand and just stares at me for a minute, allowing me to close it a few seconds later.

Straightening my hair was a difficult task. Grabbing onto it like your supposed to, I run it down a clump of my blonde hair, causing it to fall flat as the affect promised. Brushing through the strands, I set the brush down on the counter and my hand lands on something burning hot. “Ow!” I cry, the straightener landing on my foot, not burning as bad as my hand.

Jake runs into the room, grabbing my hand as I jump up and down. The cold running water felt good on my burn. “You are so clumsy.” He smirks and then tends back to my burn, applying cream to the inflicted area. Then as he shuts the water off, he just sort of glances at me again, drops my hand and unexpectedly smashes his lips to my own.

“You really have to start warning me.” I joke, kissing him back. Pulling at his shirt, I unbutton it. He wanted to take me out to a fancy dinner, but I just wanted to stay in and give him everything that would make us what we are. “Look, are you sure you wanna go out to dinner?” I ask with a seductive grin.

“I paid half of my life savings for it.” He said, trying to hide the conceiving smirk on his face. He obviously didn’t know I could see right through him by now. “Come on, get into that dress we picked out and-” He stopped for a second. “You know what, I’ll help you get dressed and do your hair.”

Jake followed me into the bathroom and grinned at me before grabbing the beautiful red dress off of the hanger, zipping me up into it. It was strapless and I admired it as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Was this really me? I thought I looked so classy that night it brought tears to my eyes. Suddenly, I was in a full on crying jag. “Don’t cry, Allie.” He whispered, stroking my hair with his delicate fingers.

“But, you care so much for me. And I don’t deserve you!” I wailed. Ignoring my cries, Jake sits me down on the toilet seat and orders me to stay still. Surprisingly, for a boy Jake was pretty good at removing tangles from someone’s hair. It almost felt relaxing. Then we turn the straightener on. “Ah, ah, ah. Let me do this.” He said, holding up a hand for me to just let him do what he wanted.

After a half hour, I am looking into the mirror, and it doesn’t even look like me. For once, my hair isn’t all scraggly, but silk, smooth, and very much straight. My eye make up is light and brings out my blue eyes, not all trashy looking. My dress is actually a decent length, and it shows off my legs in a good way with the black heels that weren’t overly large.

For once I didn’t feel like a piece of bait dangling on a fish hook.

After I open up the bathroom door, Jake just stares at me lustfully. I giggle for a few minutes. He grabs his car keys and we take off down the road, apparently heading to some classy restaurant I had never heard of. “So, where are we going?” I question, clutching a small black purse.