1. The Proposal

5 years later __________

5 years later
__________

Reet's Age: 23
Ayushmaan's Age: 26

__________

इश्क़ बुलावा जाने कब आवे
इश्क़ बुलावा आवे जब आवे
__________

It was a busy day at my father's office. I had to meet with the royal ministry on my father's behalf because his blood pressure was low and he needed rest.

Generally, I always dealt with simple matters because Baba Sa never allowed me to be overburdened with work. But today, he could not stop himself from asking for my help even in difficult matters and I tried my best by giving necessary suggestions for the welfare of Jaipur.

After a tiring meeting, I came back home just after nine at night and had a light meal for dinner as I was not very hungry.

Now, dressed in satin pajamas and a shirt, I was going to go back to my room for a nice, long sleep, but a small gathering in the living room caused me to change my plans.

So, I made myself comfortable on the sofa right next to Meera, who immediately put her phone aside and gave me a big smile.

"What's with the smile, hmm?" I asked, returning the gesture with a toothed smile.

"Just cheering you on with a smile. You look so tired," She patted my back.

"Thank y- ow!" My hand immediately went to my left cheek, rubbing it a little. Then my eyes fell on some roasted peanuts lying in my lap. I looked to my left and saw my elder brother, Arjun Shekhawat, grinning like an idiot.

"Bhai Sa!" Meera and I raised our voices, glaring at him.

"Arjun, don't be such a baby. Stop bothering them," My beautiful Bhabhi Sa, Indira Shekhawat, stood up for us.

(Bhabhi Sa: sister-in-law)

Everyone was enjoying our little banter, including Baba Sa, who had a love-hate relationship with Bhai Sa. The root cause was Arjun Bhai's decision to have nothing to do with the Jaipur throne as Bhai Sa was more interested in becoming the CEO of Sahara Group, a brand which he built with his dedication and efforts.

It was because of this change in my brother's plans that I wanted to help Baba Sa in the affairs of Jaipur.

Uff! Reet, kitni baat kerti ho tum aapne aap se. Someday, if someone listens to your thoughts, they will definitely mistake you for an extrovert.
(Reet, you talk to yourself a lot)