One year

One year later
(Chris)
One year. A long time. Much have been happening. A lot. I've been going through a lot. I've been sad, happy, angry and much more. Friends have been going. Friends have been coming. I've been arguing with people. I've been loving people. But one thing haven't changed even once. Nia. The girl I met on a party. And that night I knew she was the one. The one I was gonna marry one day. It started complicated I would say. But now we are happy. I still love her as much as I did from the start. And it have been a whole year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days.

No me and Nathan aren't friends anymore. We split the group. So now it's me and Simon. Nathan and Val aren't with us anymore. I found out he was in love with Nia right after me and Nia got together. We both felt like it weren't possible for us to be friends. We don't unlike each other. We talk sometimes. Mostly because I still want to talk to Val sometimes. But that's not often. It's fine having just Simon and Nia.

(Nia)
I look at Bella in the mirror. She's doing my hair. I'm very bad at fixing my own hair. And I really want it to look good today. Ofc me and Bella are still beat friends. But things have been happening. I'm so much happier now. My life is so happy. So now I hangout more with Bella out of school too. Before I was still too depressed to do that. I mean i just wanted to go home and sleep. But now I'm so happy. I'm always with Bella, Chris, Daylo or my mom. I don't have to be alone anymore ever. Never and ever. Who doesn't get happy over that thought. I have the life I've always dreamed off.

-You like?, Bella asks and hold a mirror behind me so I can see my hair.

It's a braid with a bow in the end of the braid. The bow is dark blue just as my dress.

-Yess so cute, I say.

She hugs me.

-A whole year. That's such a long time, she says.

-Yeah now we've been together even longer then the time it took for us to get together, I laugh.

We laugh about it for a while. Isn't that crazy. So many tears and so many screams. But in the end we still ended up together. I can say there was many times I didn't think so. But I were always hoping.

"You ready?"

"Yes"

"Good. I'm outside"

"5"

-He's here, I say and stand up smiling at Bella.

-Ohhh why do I get nervous?, she laughs.

-Thank u, I say and hug Bella.

-Always. Have fun!, she says.

My best friend now and forever. I just know.

(Chris)
I don't know how many times I've been standing outside her house waiting for her. So why am I so nervous this time? She open the door and comes out. She's so beautiful. I bought the dress. She looks so good in dark blue. She runs into my arms and I lift her up and spin us around.

-Your so pretty, I say.

-You too, she answers.

-I've loved you for a whole year now, I say and look into her eyes.

-Me too. And I haven't regretted it even once. I love you so much, she says.

I take her hand and we start walking down the street.

-Favourite memory from this year?, she asks.

-Hmm. Probably fair this summer, I say.

That was so fun. A day full of fun and love. That's the best combination.

-Yeah. I liked when we we t kayaking!, she says exited.

-Oh yeah that was so fun, I say.

-Yeah especially when you fell into the water, she laughs.

-Well you fell too, I laugh.

-Yeah but that was all your fault!, she says.

We laugh over the memories. And a while later we sit on that bench by the harbour. With the smoothies we drank that day.

-This is definitely my favourite memory together from before we got together, she says.

-Yeah. Our first date, I say.

-That weren't a date, she says.

-But it were a date, I say.

She laughs.

-Yeah. I can't even understand that is was almost 2 years ago, she says.

-No that's so sick. What have we even done these years, I say.

-Arguing and fighting. Falling back and recovered. Hated and loved each other, she says.

-Yeah. Im really happy we didn't give up on each other. Then we wouldn't be here now, I say.

-I were really close many times. But you never letted me, she laughs.

-That also feels good now. The time when we were fighting all the time before we were together. It felt like I had to hold you close to me even though you didn't want to. Now I know you want to. I can let you go without being scared you won't come back, I say.

-No I will always come back, she says and kiss me.

-The love I have for you are not possible to explain, I say.

-You don't have to. I understand, she says.

She sit closer to me and we hug.

-I don't even know if I would be alive if it weren't for you, she says.

-If it weren't for me? What did I do, I ask.

-I didn't realise I were falling back into the hole. No one did. No one saw what was happening. But you did, she says and look me in my eyes.

-Do you know that?, I ask.

She nods. Her eyes are getting filled with tears and so are mine. The memories from that period. It makes me happy even though that period were so bad.

-I haven't been able to thank u. But thank u, she says.

I wipe a tear away from her cheek with my thumb.

-I just wanted you to be happy. And I didn't want to keep on ruin your life. So there was no other way, I say.

-It didn't have to be another way. Don't you see me now? I'm completely healthy again. And I would not be if it weren't for you, she says.

She hugs me.

-Nia I love you so much, I say.

(Nia)
-I love you too. I love you so much Chris, I say.

And I did. I loved him. One year is a long time. But many years are left until we die. Will we stay together all those years? I have no idea. I can always hope. But one thing I know, is that I wouldn't be able to live those years at all if I didn't find Chris. I love him.