Home Sweet Home

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hey, baby, Did you enjoy your slushie?" I ask, and he looks back down at the ground.

I lift his chin, and he shrugs. 

"It was okay, I guess," He mumbles out. 

"What favor was it?" I question not getting a response back.

"Paxton?" I question.

"Can you get it over with already?" He questions, looking up at me.

"Get what over already, baby?" I question.

"The yelling and the punishment," He says.

"I'm not gonna yell at you, although I do want you to pay Peter back the money you spent," I tell him. 

He nods and walks out of the room. 

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Mom questions.

"No, I guess not," I reply.

"So, are you happy to be at Home?" Mom questions.

"Yeah, home sweet home," I say.

"Well, Yelena and I need to go, but it was nice taking care of you," Mom says, walking out the door with Yelena behind her. 

"Bye, Tasha!!" Yelena calls out.

"Bye, Lena!!" I shout back. 

I sigh and close my eyes to take a nap, hopefully. Taking a nap is boring, but it's the only thing I can do while recovering. Thankfully, the boys did leave me alone while I was napping. At least they can entertain themselves without me. I slowly move down the stairs to the kitchen to find a snack. I'm on the last step when I hear arguing from the kitchen. I sigh and start to walk a little faster to stop the commotion.

"No, she doesn't even like cake!!" Peter yells.

"How would you know!!" Paxton yells back. 

I"'m turning the corner to the kitchen when I see Peter raise his hand filled with flour. 

"Don't you throw that!!" I yell to Peter.

"What are we doing," I say, walking closer to them.

They both put their heads down.

"Well?" I question sternly.

"We were trying to bake you a cake," Paxton mumbles, lifting his head to meet my gaze.

"It was supposed to be a surprise," Peter adds.

"Oh my god," I mumbled with a sigh.

"Look, I'm gonna clean this mess up," I tell the boys, looking at the kitchen covered with flour and other stuff.

"And you two are going to wait in the living room for me," I tell them.

They both nod their heads and scurry to the living room. I sigh and put all the ingredients back in the cupboards. Then, I wipe down the counters filled with flour. And lastly, I sweep all the flour and other ingredients into the garbage. I put the broom away before walking towards the living room.

"This is all your fault," I hear Paxton tell Peter.

"It is not," He replies.

"It's both your fault," I say, making my presence known.

"We're sorry, we just wanted to surprise you for being home," Peter says.

"I know, and I think that's very sweet," I start.

"But you have to work together to make a cake, okay?" I question, and they both nod.

" And for the record, I don't like cake. I like Lemon Meringue pie," I tell them.

"Told you," Peter says. 

I give him a stern look, and he shuts up.

"So, you two are gonna go into the kitchen and make me a Lemon Meringue Pie, okay?" I question, and they both nod.

I smile to myself and turn the TV on. About 45 minutes later, the boys come in with a plate and silverware. Peter hands me the plate while Paxtons gives me the silverware. I dig in immediately. 

"Best lemon meringue pie I've had," I tell the boys, and they high-five.

"Alright, now where are your guy's plates?" I question, and they run back into the kitchen.

A minute later, they come back with two plates and more silverware. I motioned them over to the couch. Peter sits on my left, and Paxton sits on my right. 

"I love you guys," I tell them, kissing Peter's head first and then Paxton's.

"Love you too, Mom," They reply. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  I did not think this part would be published today. I might try to upload the Johansson Twins today, but I probably won't. Also, I realized last time I didn't put Proofread by Grammarly cuz we love Grammarly. 

BYE BYE POOKIES!!

Word Count: 1151