II

"You will return when it is seen fit..." Unknown

Lemand wrapped his tiny hands in the curls of Freya's long beautiful hair. He flicked what he had in is hands and bellowed, "Giddy on up, little horsy!" The little critter had been doing all that he can to get on Freya's last nerves. His bubbly personality was really itching the part of her brain that couldn't stand even being in her own skin at that moment in time. She could feel her heart wrenching in both animosity and anguish. Lemands beige fur grazed across her cheek sending every single one of her nerves on edge. Freya struggled to push out a sigh that she had been withholding in her chest for what seemed like the longest time. 

"I am not a horse, you frustrating little (His species)!" Freya huffed wrapping her hands around his arms and pulling him down. She changed where he sat from atop her head to her shoulder. Lemand being able to get on her nerves was not typical for Freya, normally nothing could get on her nerves. She could only rule out every reason that wasn't the werewolf's DNA surging through her veins at that very moment. The time it was taking for the effects to begin was agonizing for the young warrior. However, it did cause quiet a bit of her attitude. 

"Why would you not be considered an Equine? You are carrying someone to a destination, correct?" The little character smirked at Freya. His joyfulness burned a hole in Freya's brain. His snarky comments were becoming all to much for her. However, if she were to act on her feelings, she would have no idea where to go. He was the only connection she had to where the werewolves location was. She wasn't about to try to figure it out all on her own. Not while she had the chance of becoming a zombified captive rather quickly.

"It doesn't matter, Lemand. I am not a horse. I don't walk on four legs, I don't have hooves, or a tail!" Freya exclaimed angrily. She allowed a sigh to escape from her parted paling lips, and muttered something to herself that was inaudible to Lemand. She pressed her index finger to her temple, hoping that applying pressure would get rid of her skull splitting headache that was starting to emerge. 

        "You are so much like one, though!" Lemand chuckled while emphasizing the word 'so'.  His small figure seemed so tiny and frail next to Freya's. Suddenly, his expression switched from ornery to sympathetic as he began to question her, quietly. 

"Does it hurt much?" He leaned over to look at the opposite shoulder he was sitting upon. The bloody wound seemed to pulse and contort in ways that he would have never imagined. Just from the look of it his stomach churned and shot to the back of his throat. He suppressed a gag that had started to make it's way out of his small mouth. His large ears folded back as he looked back to Freya hoping that she didn't notice his moment of weakness. 

    "Well, when you get physically hurt all the time, you can't feel it anymore. Pain is like mortal food to me, tasteless and like nothing." Freya went on with a smile, "Yet happiness, it's tasteful and full of sunshine. It's positive. Like making someone laugh and feel good about themselves.  That is why happiness is like sunshine to me, happiness is exactly like sunshine."

    "Oh, I get it, now I'm looking at things from a whole new perspective. I'm sure to think like that next time something tries to put me in pain." Lemand smiled reaching over to pat Freya's cheek. Suddenly, a random thought came to his mind "Freya, do have you any idea why riddles are spoke through riddle tongues?" 

    "Because, they like speaking riddles, and one will always speak a true riddle while the other speaks a false riddle, the two black dogs will always speak a riddle if you try to have a conversation with them. Have you any idea why a Raven's like a Writing Desk?" Freya grinned mischievously up at the Baboon like creature.

    "I do not know, why is it like a writing desk?" Lemand cocked his head to the side curiously. He wanted to know where this riddle was going to go. He had never heard it before.