Prologue

• Dedicated to L.E Massey for Being such a Great Mentor and inspiring me to write, I hope that

{Prologue}

Freya's hips swayed as she staggered across the rugged terrain. A massive, almost paleolithic looking creature swooped down aggressively. It grasped at the short faeries' long blonde hair. She ducked down gasping, wide eyes turned up to a creature that looked much like a horse-sized phoenix. She watched as the Phoenix parted its massive beak releasing a grumble. It appeared to be warning her, she looked to where the large fiery bird had been gliding to; the ever so beautiful Seelie Castle. Her hand moved to where a marooned toned liquid began to gush from her shoulder.

A hiss had escaped her red stained lips, exposing the pain she was feeling. Her eyes filled with agony, looking to the wound as she silently pleaded for it to stop quickly. The fight with the werewolf, she had been in earlier had just begun to take a toll on her body.

She pressed her thin hand against her shoulder that was now beginning to feel icy cold. Freya inhaled a ragged breath squeezing her eyes shut, they had begun to water from the fear building up inside of her chest.

Once she was able to open her eyes, her gaze turned to the chained golden gates of the Seelie Fae Castle. The Fae stood straight up and trudged through the rough lands. Once she had made it to the gates, her tawny skin seemed to almost glow. The gate jingled as the new chains that had adorned them kept them from opening for the Seelie Fae. Her lip thinned into a straight line, her eyes unwavering from the iron chain. How was it that it could have gotten onto the gate? In no way could it have been placed on there by any Seelie fae. 

"What is going on..?" Freya muttered under her breath, her gaze adjusting itself to look past the eerie object in front of her. No faerie could be seen, and the Castle was not as bright and cheerful... it was only... Ominous. She laid her hand upon her dripping shoulder, whimpering from the stinging sensation that was being felt. She was very much in need of a Nurse Maid to cleanse her wound and keep it clean until she was able to find a Werewolf Shaman. One that was known to be able to remove the corrupting venom from the Fae's body. 

Her skin prickled as pessimistic thoughts flashed through her mind, her face contouring in agony with every horrid scene. Where had the Seelie court gone if they were not in the Castle? Her tongue protruded from her mouth tasting the air. No enemies close, but she could taste the wretched winter fae. 

Freya pulled a rune-encrusted dagger from between her breasts, just under the long leather warrior dress she worn. Two slits were cut upon the sides for easy movement. She sliced open her palm, squeezing blood upon the engraved runes. She set it down on the green grass and whispered the ancient Seelie language, forgotten to all who have chosen to keep them uneducated from the extensive powers of the past. 

A large Astrological looking gateway rose from the blood upon the knife. The young faerie stepped into the portal, holding her breath. Once she had fully stepped into the opening it had closed just as fast as she went. 

Freya's mouth fell open as she gasped for breath just as she leaped out from the other side. She staggered on the heels of her knee-high boots, catching what breath she could. 

"You have no idea how close you had come, Freya."  she blindly stated to herself, not knowing where she had come. She bent down laying her hands on her knees. She had already begun to mentally restore her powers.

It had been at least, a thousand decades since she had been to the mortal realm. What a ghastly plane. She asserted her glamour, pushing back her auburn hair. She was looking at herself in a store window, assuring herself, that she was a visible "human" being.

Now, to find the Seelie King of the Season. Her lips wrinkled in obvious anger towards the thought of the King. Although, she cared for the man like any child would to someone that helped care for them. He had no reason to leave her behind to fight a werewolf by herself. She grunted with agitation.

As Freya continued on her way down the path, her heels clacking loudly against the grey concrete, her thoughts turned to the werewolf. She spurted out a question, not thinking about where she was. "What was it doing there... They never come around there..." Her voice drifted off as she was deep in thought. 

"Someone wants him gone..." Her eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. Just then, her body pulsed with pain. She released a groan and continued on her way to see the King of the Season. Her thoughts turned to what she had a feeling he was going to say.

She feared that she would become.... a Faerie Captive

____________________________________________________________________________