The End

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

It's been over a week since Kitt 'was discharged from the hospital, and since then, he's been staying with me.

"Hey Jamie, where's your spices?" I hear him ask from the other room, as I put the paintbrush down.

I stare at the canvas in front of me and start to get nervous, after working on this piece for what felt like half my life, was finally completed and ready to be shown to the eyes of the world- or my world.

"Jamie?" I hear a knock, and then from the corner of my eye, I see the door slowly open.

"D-Don't come in." I quickly stand up and look around for a way to hide the painting.

I hear him laugh by the doorway, not opening the door any further.

"Babe, I know you're being so secretive with your new piece, but I can't find the spices." He said, making me sigh as I looked back at the canvas nervously.

Despite it being ready, I was still nervous about showing Kitt, after-all, it's not every day I paint someone I care about and then show them just how much with one picture.

"Coming... just, don't come in." I take a deep breath, as I walk over to the doorway and open it slightly.

Kitt was grinning that handsome yet content smile I had grown so used to for the past week, making me feel lighter and less anxious than I was a few moments ago.

"What was it, spices?" I ask, going to walk past him.

Kitt reaches out and wraps his arms around me, his hands going around my waist and his lips finding their way to my neck as I feel the gentle touch of his lips touch my skin.

"I love that smell." He mumbles into my skin, making me scoff as I wrap my arms around him too.

"Of paint?" I asked dryly, making him laugh.

"You might think I'm crazy but until now I have never gotten more turned on from smelling paint." He said, through sweet kisses on my neck before pulling back.

"You've ruined me."

My stomach tightened and I hated how shy I felt when he said nice, dorky things to me. I always didn't know what to say so I said nothing, and just looked at him.

"Come on, you need to get showered and dressed, our family will be here soon." He said, before leaning in to kiss me on the lips.

I swallowed hard and nodded my head and then followed him into the kitchen, where plates of food covered with tinfoil were laid out on the dining table that had been decorated in Christmas colors.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I mumble, finding the spices that he wanted in the top cabinet above near the stove.

He gave me a look that read 'no, but...' and then smiled. "It's our first Christmas together, and I know my family is a little... much, but I want them to get on."

'Get on' couldn't be harder when it came to his family, or most importantly, his 'mother'.

It's been a month since Kitt got stabbed, and the first time I met his family wasn't exactly a 'joyous' occasion, if anything, she called me a billionaire baby brat, and accused me of 'stealing her son'.

After a screaming match between Kitt and his mom, which I found exhausting, she had finally accepted Kitt's decision and chose to move to America and to live with me.

With no longer handling his late dad's company, and enough money to live comfortably, Kitt didn't want to go back 'home', not when he said I was the home he wanted.