The eagerness of his lips and the caressing of his hands were not enough for satisfying the fire inside me, in fact it added fuel to the flame.

Every time I think back to that feeling, the shiver that runs down my spine just makes me want to relive it again and again. And again.

"As much as I'd like to know how the rest of the date went, I would have to cut this short for now. I'm starving!" Helen exclaimed, successfully pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Why not? I've had this new recipe in my mind for a week now and I have been waiting to try it out." Gwen said, already on his way to the kitchen only too happy to avoid the details of my not so innocent date.

"And we want to try it too!" We all said in tandem and laughed at each other before rushing after Gwen.

***

Licking the last speck of chocolate from my fingers, I crumbled the wrapper before throwing it on the coffee table to my side.

With a long sigh, I relaxed back in my chair throwing my legs on the balustrade of the small balcony I've in my room. Other than the occasional chirping of the crickets in the background, everything about the night was so quiet and soothing. Light from the full moon bathed me and my surroundings in a soft glow that made me feel safe for no reason. 

"Having the time of your life?"

Helen's voice echoed in the clear night air as she made herself comfortable on the chair beside me.

"They left?"

She nodded at my question.

I let out a deep sigh before curling more into the chair.

"I'm so happy for them, you know? If it wasn't for you guys, I don't think I would have ever been able to feel free like I do now. With everything that happened in my life, I thought I was nothing but a worthless being only to be used and manipulated by others. All the best moments of my life- including meeting you, Kev, Gwen…everything- started that night. I couldn't be more grateful for the beautiful  journey. And I'm so happy that the boys made it through it with their hands safe in each others'. It's not something everyone is lucky enough to have." I smiled and felt her smiling at my words.

"True. Remember how Gwen was over the moon when Kevin asked him out on a date, after skittering and stammering around each other for so long? We are best friends. Yeah, Right." She chuckled, quoting Kevin's words.

"So much happened in their life and they deserve to be with each other, they deserve to be happy." I muttered, before turning my gaze from the sky to her.

"And I'm so damn indebted to you guys for sticking up with me no matter what. Thank you for being with me." I whispered gulping down the lump formed in my throat. I don't know why I'm saying all this to her now. But everything about this day, night, Aarvin, feel so surreal. As if I can't beleive I'm going to actually live my life without the thoughts of Jake or the fire of vengeances burning in my soul.

It feel so good to be true.

"Lexi...we both know there is nothing to say thank you for. Absolutely nothing. You were there for us through the toughest of our lives. And when I say you were the strength for us to fight back and find the justice and happiness we deserve instead of lying down wallowing in misery, believe me it is on behalf of every single soul who knows you. Especially the three of us. You gave me back my life, you gave me something to hold on. And finally, when I thought there is nothing else in the world you could've done for me, you surprise me by giving me back my childhood, my Noah." She smiled despite the tears that were welling up in her eyes.