𝟎𝟒𝟒 Ultimatums Never Work

Start from the beginning

Bobby pulls his brows together. "Did you say 'toe pick'?"

Emery frowns, "That's kind of wild. I mean, all this because a snowy owl slipped..." she trails off her words when she notices Bobby inspecting the ice.

"You okay, Cap?"

"Yes! I got the middle one." Buck holds up the finger. He notices Emery and Bobby turned away from him. "Hey, Hey, Cap! We found all the fingers."

"Cap, victims are being transported." Tom says.

"Our work here's done."

"Great." Bobby says.

"Uh, so...what's he—"

"Shhhhh!" Emery holds up a pointer. "He's working his magic."

"Ah." Bobby grabs a singular sequin from the ice and holds it up. "What's that?"

Emery raises her brows, "A sequin..."

Bobby nods his head, "When your blade runs across one of these it stops your skates dead in their tracks."

"Wait, one sequin did all of this?" Buck questions.

Bobby holds up a finger, "A wardrobe malfunction can be the most dangerous part of figure skating."

Tom holds up a hand, "Uh, Captain? Why do you know so much about figure skating?"

Bobby lets out a small breath, debating on revealing the next information. "My partner Heidi Shatsky and I were Twin Cities junior pairs champ rooms three years running."

"I always thought you were a hockey player, Cap." Eddie teases.

Bobby shrugs, "Who says you can't do both?" He walks away from the group.

Emery raises her brows, "Just when I think this man can't get any cooler..." she shakes her head and follows him off the ice.

Her father saw that it was 8:30 in the morning. Emery was normally on her way out the house for work by now. But she hadn't even come out of her room for coffee. Ever since the morning Emery locked herself in the bathroom, her dad has been noticing her behavior shift. It was all too familiar as too when he went off his meds or even before Emery was diagnosed.

The rearranging of furniture, constant need to move around, being up all night, and her excessive amount of happiness.

Then there was the other side of the coin.

Elijah lightly knocks on the door, "Hey, Emery, can I come in?"

There's a silence that makes Elijah worry. He opens the door and lets out a small breath when Emery is laying in her bed with her back towards him.

"Hey, kid. I thought you had work today."

Emery keeps her eyes on the wall, "I'm not feeling it today."

"Did you call your captain and tell him you wouldn't be in?" Elijah asks.

Emery rolls her lips into her mouth, her eyes blurring with tears. "No."

"Em, you gotta call him—"

"I don't want to, okay?" Emery snaps. "I'm just..." she wipes her eyes and lets out a shaky breath. "I'm just so tired." Emery pulls her blanket up to her neck and falls silent again.