𝟎𝟓𝟎 Certified Worrier

The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1

CHAPTER FIFTY , CERTIFIED WORRIER

a/n : Big MAJOR steps in the Emibuck storyline!!! (GOOD STEPS BTWWWW <333)

The last couple of scenes in this chapter are going to be fucking WICKED 🤭

━━━━━━━━━━

"Wait, so you think...what?"

Emery had to speed over to Chim's house. He was ready to kick in the doors of the 911 dispatcher's office. He was worried about Maddie telling him she loved him. Especially after letting him know last night, she couldn't say those words. And since he was worrying so much, he decided to call the "certified worrier".

Emery didn't understand why he called her. All she was going to do was make him worry more than he already was. And that's exactly what she did.

"What if...Doug came back from the dead?"

Chimney tangles his hands in his hair. Emery raises her brows, "Could be!"

Emery paces one side of the room while Chimney paces the other. "Wait..." she stops and points at Chimney. "Did you call 9-1-1 yet?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"They didn't answer."

Emery throws her arms up. "What kind of 911 dispatch doesn't answer?"

"That's what I said!"

Emery bites her thumbnail and her brows furrow. She softly hums, trying to concentrate. "Have you called Buck?"

Chimney snaps his fingers and points. "Calling him now." He grabs his phone and dials.

Emery taps his arm, "Put it on speaker."

Chimney complies and places the phone on the counter.

"Yep. Go for Buck."

"How come 9-1-1 doesn't respond when u call?" Chimney asks.

Buck pauses for a moment. "Uh, is this some kind of riddle?"

Emery then taps Chimney's arm. "Hostage situation."

Chimney's heart sinks deeper into his stomach. "Shit."

Buck gets more confused. "Is that the answer? And...is that Emery?"