𝟎𝟒𝟒 Ultimatums Never Work

Malfunction.

chapter forty-four , Ultimatums Never Worka/n : *CONTENT WARNING* this chapter depicts depressive episodes

a/n : *CONTENT WARNING* this chapter depicts depressive episodes

Skip chapter if needed!

━━━━━━━━━━

"Popcorn and Tajín."

Tom frowns, "Never heard of it."

"That's because you don't have the culinary experiences that make me awesome!" Emery steps back, her skates coming into contact with the ice, and she skates with ease.

"You're showing off." Tom slowly nods his head.

Emery frowns with a hum. "Showing off? I don't know what that is..." She puts her hands behind her back and continues skating. Tom couldn't help but laugh as Emery skated around. Emery begins to skate around Buck as he struggles to stand up. Buck looks up at the girl, "Could you, uh..." he holds his hand out, needing help into his feet.

Emery raises her brows, "Who are you kidding?" she skates away from him.

Buck falls back against the ice. Emery lets out a triumphant laugh, "I found a finger!"

Chimney pulls his brows together at Emery's attitude. "For someone who was just forced to go to therapy, she seems kind of...chipper."

"Kind of?" Hen raises her brows.

The range of emotions Emery has been showing lately has made it clear to everyone on the team that she was erratic.

"I found another!" Tom holds one up.

"I got a pinky!" Eddie grabs a finger.

Buck nods, "So, that's three down, one to go."

A civilian dressed as a witch walks over to Bobby. "You should be able to see those back on, right?"

"Well, they've been on ice the whole time so that'll help." Bobby shrugs.

Emery laughs, "Nice one, Cap."

"He shouldn't have to lose his fingers to Sid and Nancy's psychodrama."

Emery skates over to the guy. "Oh? Work drama. Fill me in."

"Nancy got a new job offer. Disney on Ice. The jig leagues."

Emery coughs into her fist, "Boycott Disney."

"What?" The man turns to her.

"What?" Emery hums.

The man stares at her for a moment and she raises her brows, a small smile across her lips.

"So, they were fighting over her leaving."

"Figured they'd shake it off once they hit the ice." The man explains. "But then one of the snowy owls went full toe pick. And everyone hit the ice."