𝟎𝟒𝟑 It's Not Going to Be That Easy

Monsters.

chapter forty-three , It's Not Going to Be That Easya/n : *CONTENT WARNING* this chapter depicts mania episodes

a/n : *CONTENT WARNING* this chapter depicts mania episodes

Skip chapter if needed!

━━━━━━━━━━

"Birds, man..."

Tom lets out a small breath. "They freak me out."

Everyone turns to the brunette boy.

"What like cockatoos?" Chimney asks.

"Exactly those!" Tim points at him. "And umbrella cockatoos. When they squawk and their feathers ruffle." He shudders. "And Bald Eagles freak me out too."

Emery nods, "Because of America?"

Tom slightly opens his mouth. "Well, yes. But also, because of how big their talons are. And their big eyes when they squawk."

"Maybe you just don't like squawking," Chimney says.

"I'd agree with that." Emery frowns. "Squawking annoys the shit out of me. For instance, when Eddie squawks. An anger fills me."

Eddie rolls his eyes. The entire team then tenses and looks between the two. "So, what I do is plug my ears."

"And if you think my squawking's bad, then I have no idea how you're going to handle Em's." Eddie looks at Tom, not even glancing at the girl. It's been a week since Emery and Eddie had got into their fight and the endless digs at one another hadn't stopped. It was making everyone feel so awkward. Eddie and Emery never argued, so seeing them on the outs was confusing and uncomfortable.

Tom sinks in his seat, "I should've driven when I had the chance..."

The fire engine slows to a stop with the ambulance behind them. The team gets out of the vehicles and walks over to the school bus filled with kids.

"Two of my students, they were attacked by crows." The teacher speaks through the bus doors that were cracked open. "They're trapped in there." she points to the barn.

Emery's skin begins to crawl. "Aw, shit."

"I think I've seen this movie," Chimney speaks. Emery swallows, the same thought entering her mind.

"All right, listen up." Bobby speaks. "Turnouts and head protection. Let's go."

Everyone headed back to the fire engine and put their turnout gears on along with their helmets. As they were walking to the barn, Chimney's badge falls off. He picks it up, "Damn Clasp."