𝟎𝟏𝟐 Aftershock

7.1

chapter twelve , Aftershock

a/n : it's been awhile!

━━━━━━━━━━

Emerson didn't want to be in this position. I mean, she always had things under control. She tried to keep things just the way she liked them. And Emery liked William. But liking someone just isn't enough. And the end of their relationship proved that.

Emery lets out a huff as she sets the boxes on the ground. She straightens her back and looks at the loft door. Emery swipes her tongue across her lower lip. She knocks on the door and starts to walk down the hall. Then the door swings open immediately.

"Emery?"

The curly-haired girl doesn't stop, she just keeps walking.

"Emerson, wait!" William jogs down the hall and catches up to her.

Emery stops and turns to him. "I only came by to drop your stuff off." She then looks to the side. "That's all..."

William stuffs his hands into his slack pockets. "I also had stuff for you, if you wanted to come and get it."

Emery swipes her tongue across her lower lip and nods her head. She follows William down the hall in silence. Neither of them knew how to even start off a conversation that wouldn't lead into screaming. So, it was easier to not say anything at all. William stops at the door and opens it. He steps aside and lets Emery in.

She presses her lips together before stepping into the apartment. Emery looks at the one box with her name on it. She makes her way over to the box while William closes the door. Emery opens the box and a small breath leaves her lips. "Did I really not have that much stuff here?"

William leans against the wall. "You didn't really like staying over."

Emery gnaws on her lower lip, "Right..." she picks up the shirt and a crease forms between her brows. Emery stands up and turns to William. "What the hell?"

William raises his brows, "I-It was your favorite shirt of mine." He looks off to the side.

Emery looks back down at the Muppet Graphic Tee and she grinds her teeth and William notices. "Em—"

"You don't remember?" Emery asks.

William blinks and he looks at the shirt, then back at Emery. She raises her brows and a bitter chuckle leaves her lips. "God, it was two nights ago, Will!" Emery raises her voice. "Stacy was wearing this shirt!" She tosses it at William and he catches it.