"Oh how I missed this." He lets out a breathy laugh and rubs her back.

"I missed you so much." She hugs him tighter.

"And what about me?" Josh smacks her head and she lets out an "ouch".

Beside me Ewan stiffens and Rhyett shakes his head telling him to stay put. I too have to put considerable effort to hold myself back from showing Josh exactly how much a smack to the head can hurt.

Adeline turns in George's arms as her feet sway in the air and sticks her tongue out to Josh. He gives her a harsh glare and rips her off his father hugging her to himself.

I clench my fist at him manhandling my sister but she doesn't seem to mind because her giggles escalate. She hugs him and just like his father, Josh places kisses in her hair before setting her down.

"How're you loser?" He asks nudging her shoulder.

"Better than you'll ever be." She fake glare at him and turns to George. "I can't believe I'm finally meeting you guys after so long." She grabs his hand and he strokes her cheek with his free hand.

"Are you good?" He runs his eyes over the length of her as if making sure we aren't torturing her and she's actually fine.

"I am, trust me." She smiles reassuringly.

Dad clears his throat to stop the overemotional drama these guests have started in our home and they finally turn their attention on us.

They don't look like they're interested in meeting us but George being smarter puts on a polite smile while Josh seems to like risking his life and is openly glaring at us.

"Lucius, this is George." Adeline takes it upon herself to cut through the thick air. But I can see she's feeling extremely awkward. "And George, that's Lucius."

"Her father." Dad says and it brings out the exact reaction he wanted.

George's smile faltered for a second before he stretches his lips into a smile again. He doesn't seem to like the idea of Adeline having a father.

But she has her own family now. And fortunately for him he knows that it's better to keep his dislike of us to himself.

I wonder if he knows about the Mafia....

I'd love to tell him exactly what we do for a living.

They both cross the distance and shake hands. "Pleasure meeting you."

Dad simply nod and doesn't bother returning the words.

George still doesn't lose his patience and instead turns to his son. "This is my son, Josh. I'm sure Adeline must've told you about him. They're best friend since kindergarten. More like sworn enemies."

His joke earns him no laughs and we all simply stare at Josh as he grumbles a "Hi." But Adeline ofcourse is more kinder and smiles at him.

"This is for you." George hands dad the bottle of champagne that he took out from an ugly tot bag he was carrying.

The bottle looks like something that would be mid priced at target. I'm surprised he considered giving us something that cheap.

Dad takes it with a "thanks" but I know none of us would be drinking that.

"Let's go inside." Adeline looks at dad and he nods moving towards the living room.

As we enter, the rest of my brothers give the guests a cold look that we've mastered throughout the years being in the Mafia.

Cyrus introduces us calling our names and we nod to them. They already seem to know us and this introduction is really unnecessary.

Either it's my sister who told them about us or they googled us. I wonder if she told them the fucked up things we did because judging by their stance —like they'll rather be anywhere else— I know they aren't fans of us like most people are.