Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31 Hand over public food and go to the post office

At night, Ji Mufeng lay on the kang unable to sleep, wondering what was going on?

He would not be able to sleep when he was worried, and would start to have nightmares in the middle of the night, in which Song Qianqian would eat people. He was woken up by the loudspeaker early in the morning, and Ji Mufeng was covered in cold sweat.

Today, all gay men have to pay public rations. Female comrades don't have to do farm work. Those who don't need work points can go to the mountains to collect firewood. Song Qianqian got up to wash up and make breakfast.

"Wow, today's breakfast is very rich." Gao Chunmei said with a smile.

"Well, I'm going to the commune today. Lend me your bicycle for a ride." Song Qianqian said to Ji Mufeng.

"Okay, you can ride anytime you want." Although Ji Mufeng was scared, he still followed her.

"I'm going to collect firewood in the mountains, and I've made an appointment with Wang Baoqiang." Gao Chunmei felt proud at the sight.

"Congratulations, I will give you a gift when you get married." Song Qianqian joked.

"Don't rush to get married yet, men need to be tested." After Ji Mufeng finished speaking, he was stared at by the two girls.

"Knowing people but not their hearts is indeed a test." Song Qianqian also agreed.

After breakfast, Ji Mufeng reported to the grain drying field, Song Qianqian rode to the commune, and Gao Chunmei was still thinking about the problem, so she was taken to the mountains by Wang Baoqiang.

"Brother Baoqiang, why didn't you pay the public food?" Gao Chunmei asked curiously.

"Chunmei, I asked for leave from the captain." Wang Baoqiang's family's conditions are not bad, so he doesn't want to suffer this hardship.

Gao Chunmei glanced at him, thinking that what Ji Mufeng said should really be tested. It's not okay if a man fails to take responsibility.

Moreover, even Jimu Feng went to pay the public rations, but Wang Baoqiang was too lazy to go. This man is not diligent, and women suffer when men are lazy.

Gao Chunmei felt very uncomfortable. Wang Baoqiang was much worse than Ji Mufeng. Unfortunately, Ji Mufeng liked Song Qianqian, but Song Qianqian may not like him.

No, she doesn't want to be affected in the future. She will wait for a few days before making a decision. If it doesn't work, she will break up.

People are selfish, and Gao Chunmei doesn't want to give in. The worst she can do is find another one. In fact, Qin Zhou is quite good, and it's okay if he has the conditions to take responsibility.

On the way to the commune, the captain at the front was driving an ox cart, and there were others pushing many wheelbarrows, and the rest were all carrying grain.

The queue to hand over public food was very long, and there were people from other villages. The scene was really spectacular, and it felt like there was no end in sight.

Song Qianqian has already arrived at the post office. The postmen have been on vacation recently. She finally got a letter from the publisher, which also contained the contract.

Song Qianqian read it several times and signed it without any problem before sending it back. It also had the seal of the publishing house on it. She just left a contract. She didn't expect this to be quite convenient.