Chapter 21-30

Chapter 21 The postman comes to deliver the remittance order

It rained non-stop for the next few days, and it didn't stop raining until the fourth day.

The ground was full of water, and the team leader told us to rest for two more days. The weather would be hot and the ground would dry out in two days.

After the weather cleared, the postman came to the village and asked for directions to the educated youth spot.

"Ji Mufeng, is Song Qianqian here?" the postman called at the door of the hospital.

"Yes." They both replied almost at the same time.

Then, all the educated youth came out to watch the fun. Life in the countryside was really boring.

Ji Mufeng got the package. It should have been sent by his grandfather. I wonder what was inside?

Song Qianqian's was a remittance slip and a letter from the director. There were some tickets and her translation certificate inside. She opened it and looked at it.

"Comrade Song, this is your remittance order for two hundred and fifty yuan. You go to the post office with your ID to get the money, and sign this piece of paper for me by the way." The postman said with a blushing face.

"Okay, thank you, comrade, for the reminder." Song Qianqian politely thanked her and signed the piece of paper.

After the postman left, the educated youth began to talk about the matter. Ji Mufeng looked at her and hesitated to speak, and Song Qianqian rolled her eyes at him.

"Comrade Song, who sent you so much money?" Chen Meier asked enviously.

"Oh, this was sent to me by a translation agency." After saying that, he opened the envelope and took out the translation certificate inside.

Everyone was shocked. Translating books was so profitable. More than two hundred yuan made people jealous.

"Comrade Song, do you mean you can speak foreign languages?" Bai Siya suddenly asked.

"Yes, it was taught by a teacher in our school. He studied abroad, but unfortunately he was sent to the northwest." As soon as Song Qianqian said this, there was silence for half a minute.

"Comrade Song, your grades must be very good," Cao Juan asked.

"Well, I have a photographic memory and have been number one since childhood." Song Qianqian said immodestly.

The original owner's grades are indeed very good, and there are rewards for being ranked first in the school every year. As for the teacher, it is true that he was reported by his students last year. He is now indeed in the Northwest and has studied abroad for several years.

Song Qianqian kept this matter in the open because she was afraid that someone would make a fuss about it. With the translation certificate, she was not afraid of anyone coming to investigate. After all, she was making a contribution to the country.

Ji Mufeng understood her intention, but he was even more worried. Several male educated youths were looking at her with eager eyes, and the way they looked at her had changed.

Of course, Song Qianqian was also aware of it, but she was not worried. If she was really in danger, she would have space to hide in and weapons to defend herself.

"Qianqian, we are going to the commune in the afternoon. I have run out of soap." Gao Chunmei suddenly said.

"Okay, Sister Chunmei." Song Qianqian understood her intention, which was to ask her to get the money today.