Julian turned to Rhyett. "You must have work to do, don't worry I can take over for you."

"Don't bother yourself with my work, brother." Rhyett spoke. His voice cold as ice.

"Count me in because I have to be there." Ewan didn't seem to understand the point of making an excuse.

"And why is that?" Ewan simply shrugged.

"Rhyett and I are going today and it's final. One of you can come for the next visit if Adeline wants you to." Lucius ended the whole debate.

"Why can't we all go? It's our clinic, we can do the fuck we want!" Altas made a face of disapproval and Lucius decided to simply ignore him.

"I think we should set up a medical room in the mansion so she doesn't have to go out so much and we can all be there for her." Adam suggested.

I don't like the suggestion a tad bit. Checkups are the only thing that I leave the house for. And it's kinda fun to get some air and see the outside world every now and then.

I don't know if my family would like the idea of me going out since I've been instructed to rest. But I don't want to leave either since I really don't want people to find out my secret.

                             ———

As decided Rhyett and Lucius were with me as I laid down on the bed. Valerie had taken over instead of my gynecologist since an ultrasound wasn't a really tough task for an ER and trauma surgeon —which Valerie is.

"It's gonna feel a bit cold." She said squirting a gel over my stomach.

I was feeling a bit self conscious with my growing belly out in front of my brother and father but Valerie had done a good job at hiding me from their view —not that they were peaking— with the sheet and my sweatshirt.

As she started to move the device on my lower abdomen and the monitor started to reflect some images, the remaining discomfort left me.

My eyes focus on the unmistaken figure of my baby on the monitor. A strange and overwhelming feeling spread through me.

I felt scared. It wasn't just a thought anymore. I could see it happening. It was a human. A human that I was supposed to take care of.

But more than anything, I felt protective.

I wanted to keep the baby away from all the wrong in the world. All the different feelings going through me were unexplainable, I had never felt like this.

"That's the baby." Valerie pointed at a small body on the screen. "That's the heart." She gestures to it's chest that's beating in a rapid speed.

My baby's heartbeat echoed and a smile stretched on my face wider than ever.

"And that's the brain. See it's like a walnut." She smiles pointing to the head of my baby.

Then her smiles vanishes as she moves the device upwards. Since the beginning we had been focused on my lower abdomen and didn't move from there as she was showing me the baby.

There's another outline there and I conclude it must be my organs because I just saw my baby, it can't just move upwards within seconds without me feeling anything.

"I think..." Valerie's voice takes me out of my thoughts.

Her brows are creased together. This doesn't feel right. Next to her Rhyett's equally as clueless as me while dad's eyes widen like he knows what she's saying.

"Would you spit it out?" Rhyett doesn't lose his patience easily but lately I've seen him on edge whenever the baby's concerned.

"There's two."