"The bitch barely survived five hours." Altas scoffed as they all met again in the parking lot.

The guards were surprised to see all of them there as they never took out time for unimportant people like Marcus but nobody dared to ask what's so special about him.

"I'm guessing you guys had fun?" Rhyett asked stopping by his car.

"Hell ya!" Adam replied leaning against the opposite car’s door.

"Good. You all had time to cool down and digest... the news. Now I want you to be on your best behavior."

Everyone nodded and Rhyett spoke again. "We need to take care of our sister and I won't tolerate anyone doing anything that would hurt her."

He turned to the twins who now had a look of regret and guilt which they could not mask from their brothers as they knew them pretty well.

"I'm really disappointed in both of you. I thought we taught you better." He shook his head. "If you can't do any good for her, atleast don't bother her anymore."

"We're really sor-" Rhyett's cuts his youngest brother off.

"Apologize to her. Not me." He said sharply. "And since I'm not your guardian, I hope dad have something planned to teach you a lesson."

Rhyett got into his car without waiting for their reply followed by Ewan and Julian who were equally pissed at both of them.

"Be good to her, she might forgive you. And well the rest of us.... we'll too if she does." Cyrus patted their backs as he knew how terrible they felt at the moment.

This is exactly why Lucius wanted to wait till Cyrus was back before telling them the whole story. He was great at consoling.

If Lucius was their father, Cyrus has been a sort of mother to the boys, especially twins since they were the youngest.

Like Ewan they were the closest to Cyrus and always seeked him when they messed up. He always negotiated with their father on the punishments.

On the other hand, Cyrus and Julian —ever since their mother left— were close with their father while Rhyett didn't have any favorites.

"I know I shouldn't have done that even if she did it by her choice.... Fuck, I messed up." Altas rubbed a hand on his face.

"I don't understand why you two were overreacting so much.”

Cyrus always gave his brothers a chance to explain themselves. It was more so they can reflect on their actions and conclude where the problem stemmed from.

"You know how guys are in highschool..." Adam said not meeting anyone's gaze. "They just want one thing and I.... I hated the idea that she gave in to some horny fucker..."

"But it's not your place to tell her what she should do. She has a father and after him, she also have brothers who are more mature and capable of advising a teenager than you two."

"I don't think I was necessarily mad at her, I was just... I was mad that I wasn't there to tell her better than to... I do care for her even if it doesn't seem like it." Altas couldn't pin point the reason behind his outburst. "But I didn't intend on slut shaming her... It just happened, I was too caught up in the moment..."

"I can understand you two already had a hard time adjusting with her and dealing with dad's lies at the same time but she didn't have anything to do with it. Why should she suffer through your frustration?"

When the twins stayed silent, Cyrus spoke again. "You had no right to get mad at her. Don't forget that she didn't have any brothers in her life till two weeks ago. And you don't know anything about the life she lived before that.”