I've practically set up camp in the office, catching some sleep at the hospital and briefly swinging by our apartment for a change of clothes, and that too, using company car. Ares demanded I use private transportation provided by Knight Group, taking a man named Sebastian with me, who drives me everywhere.

His simple complaint? Office work demands my immediate attention, and the bus is a time-waster, even when I arrive before working hours. But, of course, the "bossy balloon" wasn't in the mood to hear my reasons.

So, here we were again, deeply engrossed in work. I've noticed Ares and Maron both appear seriously stressed about some issue with Peterson Steels, and that's why I obediently give in to Ares' demands in order to not stress him more than he already looks.

As per Maron's information, Peterson Steels, now rebranded as Knight Steels, was engaged in illicit trading behind their business. Ares uncovered this wrongdoing before acquiring the company. My role involves client management and reviewing company contracts, while Ares and Maron handle more significant issues.

Ares, surprisingly considerate, granted me access to the attached room of his office - a bedroom with basic amenities for my convenience.

But there's an oddity. Beyond my regular job responsibilities and designing tasks, Ares doesn't burden me with additional work until it's time to leave. He piles up tasks at the end of office hours, resulting in work after hours. I can't help but feel he's doing it intentionally, almost like he's trying to provoke me or abusing his power.

"I have told you several times before; don't indulge in daydreaming while staring at me. Although, I appreciate this keen attention, but I need to get some work done here." My process of thoughts abrupted when Ares suddenly declared from his spot, eyes remained fixed on the file before him without acknowledging me.

My eyes widened, and I quickly shifted my attention back to my designs. "I-I wasn't looking at you!" I retorted in a slightly elevated voice, hiding my face in the design sheet.

"Ah-huh, of course, you weren't!" he responded casually, his tone preoccupied.

Peeking through the design sheet, I noticed him engrossed in reading the file. See? This had been his demeanor for the past few days; cocky, arrogant, teasing, and the famous Mister "know-it-all."

I wasn't even intentionally staring at him...

Okay, maybe I was, but not because I wanted to. I had nothing else to look at, and I was lost in my thoughts.

He might not be aware, but with each passing day, I was growing increasingly annoyed and angered by his behavior.

"Come here, show me your design now. You've been sitting there for the past twenty minutes," Ares instructed, taking off his glasses.

My heart raced as I thought of an excuse. "I'm still working on it," I stammered. Truth be told, I hadn't accomplished anything.

"Elysia!" My hands turned clammy at his authoritative tone-the voice he only used when teaching me to craft designs.

Biting my lips, I stood up with a racing heart, slowly walking towards him with my sheet.

Stopping in front of his desk, I placed the sheet on it, but I didn't remove my hand from the paper. Ares raised an eyebrow, shifting his gaze to me when he noticed I had no intention of giving him the sheet.

Bracing myself, I opened my mouth. "Why am I here?" I inquired, my gaze fixed on the table surface. "Everybody else has left; I'm the only one working so late. It's unfair. It's... it's an abuse of power." I stammered, my eyes glued to the tabletop.