Prologue

All rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of the author.

Welcome to my new story, 'Beyond His Gaze: A Love Unseen'

Before you start reading, I advise you to read the Author's Note before it and I would appreciate if you could follow my humble warning.

************

"Sir! The f-files y-you asked f-for," Elysia walked towards me and placed the files on the desk with a slightly trembling hands.

"Thank you, Miss Lawson. Here is the file for Sanchez Group. Please create a SWOT analysis of our company's Italy branch and compare it," I said, extending my hand to give her the file and papers. Her hands shook even more as she took them, and in her nervousness, she accidentally dropped the papers, scattering them across the floor.

"Sorry, I'm s-sorry, sir!" She quickly bent down to collect the papers in a hurry. I rubbed my temple, feeling a slight headache coming on, and looked at her.

She swiftly stood up after gathering the papers and gave me a small bow before stepping back to leave the office. My eyes widened, and I raised my hand to warn her.

"Miss La-" but before I could finish, her back had already collided with a vase, causing it to topple over and spill a potted plant onto the floor. I pressed my lips together, trying to maintain composure.

"S-s-sorry, I a-am t-truly s-sorry," she stammered, her voice filled with embarrassment. She began to reach down to clean up the broken glass and soil with her bare hands, but I immediately halted her.

"Stop! Stop! Don't! It's not your job. I will call someone to clean it up. You may leave," I instructed firmly. She quickly straightened herself and almost ran to the door, while glancing at me, my gaze following her movements.

"CAREFUL!" I exclaimed loudly, but alas, it was too late. THUMP!! A harsh thumping sound echoed throughout the room as she bumped her head against the glass door.

Without a care of her injury, she turned to me with a small bump on her head, offering a nervous and hesitant smile before hastily bowing and walking out of the office.

I sat there, my mouth slightly agape, staring at the closed door. Was this woman specifically sent down from the heavens above to test my already paper-thin patience?

***************

Ares Simon Knight, a wealthy business magnate, is known for his expertise and ruthlessness in business. After failing in love twice, he has closed off his heart to the world, completely shutting himself. The only goal he has now is to expand his business empire. Little does he know, his plan is going to be disrupted the moment he sets foot in the office and meets his new hired executive assistant, Elysia Lawson, the best friend of his ex-girlfriend. This woman has given him countless sleepless nights in the past for various reasons.

Elysia Lawson, a sweet and innocent woman, hides everything behind her bright smile. She is smart, capable, and beautiful, but everything goes down the drain the moment she catches a glimpse of Ares, turning into a blushing mess and a bundle of clumsiness. Unbeknownst to Ares, Elysia has silently admired him from afar for a long, long time. She had always been his silent and secret admirer, a harmless stalker, but everything messed up the moment he started dating her so-called best friend, Aubrey Anderson.

Their story, once a beautiful high school romance, remained unfinished, holding within it secrets, betrayals, and lies... Until they crossed paths again!

With Elysia's return to Ares' life, a Pandora's box needs to be opened, but both are reluctant to delve into the past, keeping their interactions strictly professional. But what about the hearts that have been entangled for the longest time?

Amidst their close interaction in the office, their lives are thrown into chaos with the return of Ares' ex-girlfriend, Aubrey and Sven Damaris, initially a playboy, who fell in love with a clumsy and shy girl, Elysia, who always had her eyes on Ares Simon Knight, leaving him in a shadow...

**************

How do you like the prologue? Share your thoughts in comments! 🌺

No schedule for the story yet but I will try to post soon!

Have a blasting day, lovelies! 💕