Josh and I are comfortable enough to discuss my doubts. Since he knows about the Mafia, I can hear a concern in his voice for George.

"You're right.... But I don't think there would be anything from dad's side." He wasn't sure of his words. "And I believe Lucius won't just start overreacting out of nowhere as long as you're around. Given how he's been with you lately, I think he wouldn't wanna get on your bad side by picking up a fight with your only father figure." I have more people to look up to for a fatherly influence now but I don't say it out loud. "He's a Mafia boss, aren't they diplomatic?"

I laugh. "I guess. The twins usually go out for the weekend and the rest possess a brain so I think this could work... Maybe?"

"What about Ewan? Wasn't he the one who lost it at Marcus' call?"

I had told Josh about Marcus when I was so overwhelmed by the reactions to the call. I needed someone to comfort me about it.

I didn't tell him earlier since I knew he'd tell mom so she could tell Marcus off and I really didn't want her to worry when her surgery was around the corner.

"But he won't again. He likes me now." I say confidently. Ewan knows now that I'm pregnant so I don't think he'd like to stress me out.

But sometimes I wonder if our relationship would've ever gotten better if I wasn't carrying a baby and he didn't had to be good to me.

"If you say so... Then it's final! I'll tell dad and you'll tell Lucius that we're coming over on Sunday." I can hear the happiness in his voice and it warms my heart.

It's been almost two years since I saw them and I can't wait for Sunday to roll by sooner.

"Aye, aye, captain!" I salute with my free hand and then realize he can't see me. "We'll talk later then, I'm hungry."

"Alright. Take care, loser. See you soon."

I end the call, mumbling a quick 'bye' and putting the phone on charge before exiting my room.

                             ———

Author's Ροv

"This has to be a sick joke!" Altas' ragged voice gets to her as Adeline crosses the hallway.

It feels strange to her as the twins mostly get up just in time for school, resulting in them usually missing breakfast.

As the curiosity nudges her forward, she moves towards her second eldest brother's home office upstairs.

Lucius had chosen the room so it won't fall in Adeline's usual path —her bedroom to dinning room or rarely the living room— but he didn't consider that his two sons won't be so calm about the news that he had to share.

It felt like the safest time to discuss the news of the youngest Storm's pregnancy. It was five. The staff was to arrive in another hour and Adeline won't be up till two more.

But Altas' shouting had gotten her attention and it had slipped her mind that they were having a meeting which she wasn't invited to.

"Just because we aren't talking to you doesn't mean you make up fucking lies to get us to do so." Adam gritted through his teeth.

"I suggest you two to calm down." Lucius exhales, not a tad bit impressed by his son's reaction.

As Adeline nears the room, she hears another voice. "She's... She's a child herself. She doesn't... I don't think so- Are you sure?"

For the first time in his life, Cyrus refused to believe the obvious truth he could see in his father's eyes.

Lucius nodded and something in Cyrus told him he shouldn't ask the next question. "Please tell me it's not that pedophile's child."